PDA

View Full Version : Opera EXIF viewer

MattC
28-12-2008, 4:57pm
So after changing over to Opera after being convinced after reading the IE critical patch thread, my EXIF viewer Opanda no longer works.
I realise that Opera does have a built in viewer, but it just doesn't seem up to scratch - shutter speed is expressed as a decimal point instead of a fraction.
Anyway - does anyone know of a program that will work with Opera, as I have grown to like it, and don't really want to revert back to IE.

Matt

arthurking83
28-12-2008, 5:36pm
See this thread :) (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/showthread.php?t=20626&highlight=exif+viewer)

MattC
28-12-2008, 6:23pm
Thanks Arthur - I have Kuso, but when right clicking in Opera, there is not option to 'view with Kuso' or Opanda for that matter. :confused:

Tannin
28-12-2008, 10:13pm
Not the answer you are looking for, Matt, but I don't use one. As a rule, I dislike loading down my browsers with ad-in software of any kind: the more you have, the slower and less reliable the browser becomes. (This goes for any browser.) So when the built-in EXIF isn't detailed enough for me, I just rightclick, save, and open it with PMView or, if I want some really heavy-duty EXIF info, PhotoMe.

But you could try visiting opera.com and looking for an Opera widget (yes, that's what they call them, "widgets"). If there is one, and it's any good, it will be a genuine first .... the first widget I've ever heard of that does something useful!

jev
28-12-2008, 11:47pm
PhotoMe.
+1 (ow, the URL for downloading photome: http://www.photome.de )

I use PhotoME from right-clicking images in Opera, no problem there. You might, however, have to jump through a couple of hoops before it works correctly - I had one machine that required a specific .ini file, on three others it worked immediately after setup. Just drop a line here if you need help getting it up and running.

MattC
29-12-2008, 8:47am
Thanks for the heads up - I will give it a go tonight (back at work today)

Tannin
28-02-2009, 9:45pm
I just discovered that PhotoMe has an Opera add-in. Although I'm not a fan of browser add-ins in general, I tried it out and it works just fine. Could be your answer.

hoffy
28-02-2009, 9:49pm
Just a quick question Matt, why did you go Opera over Firefox? (we won't even mention IE...)

MattC
01-03-2009, 8:58am
Thanks for the info Tony.

Ashley - not sure why I picked Opera - but I have now got used to it, and I like it! :)