PDA

View Full Version : Ausphotography User Meets *Please Read*

ricktas
23-11-2008, 7:32am
Ausphotography User meets.

Ausphotography users will occasionally arrange to meet and participate in photography together. As Ausphotography is not a Club, we cannot take any responsibility for anything that occurs at these meets. Meets are not officially sanctioned by www.ausphotography.net.au

User meets can be wonderful places to enjoy participating in photography, learning techniques from other members, and interacting with like minded people. Ausphotography users are reminded that if you go on a User Meet, others may have differing views to you. Please respect other users at all times.

IanB
23-11-2008, 9:22am
Sounds fair enough Rick; but I would love to know what prompted the thread/s. (No; I don't expect it answered)

Cheers Rick, you are always on top of it, which is why this is such a good, interesting and popular site. :th3:

ricktas
23-11-2008, 10:14am
Legal implications prompt this thread Ian, It has always been in the meets section as a sticky, but when I upgraded to the new State based sub-forums decided to place it in each State as a sticky.

If AP was a club, and members paid an annual fee, I would have to have public liability insurance. As the site is not a club, it is free, and meets are not 'official or sanctioned' by the site, AP cannot be held responsible if someone injures themselves whilst on a meet.

Harves
23-11-2008, 10:30am
One would expect members to attend meets to enjoy the friendship of like minded people, not to go with the intention of causing a scene.

annagreek
15-08-2010, 7:57pm
Good to be clear on this info and people know the situation. That is fair enough.

rojo68
06-01-2011, 9:39am
Hi guys i think its a great idea to meet , what a better way to learn to actually watch how someone do there magic , ( if they dont mind that is ) . I think most members would be responsible enough to be safe and not give this forum a bad name . :banana:

ricktas
06-01-2011, 9:56am
Hi guys i think its a great idea to meet , what a better way to learn to actually watch how someone do there magic , ( if they dont mind that is ) . I think most members would be responsible enough to be safe and not give this forum a bad name . :banana:

If they did, their access to the site would be removed.