PDA

View Full Version : Going to Hobart for 2 nights - where?

Ellen
08-11-2008, 1:08pm
Hi everyone,

I'm going to Hobart for three days for work, but after hours I plan on doing some shooting. I'm staying right in town, so where would be good to go in town and up to half hours drive away??? Where would be a good sunset possie, or sunrise???

Thanks heaps!!!
Ellen

lukman
08-11-2008, 2:03pm
Perhaps can go to Rick's place :) hehehe...

I would say, Mt Wellington for sunset/sunrise also as you can find there are some beautiful photos that rick took up on the mountain.

Also if you are lucky, you might see snow on the top of mountain.

ricktas
08-11-2008, 3:37pm
sunrise, Taroona beach or Mt Wellington. Sunset, eastern side of derwent river, Lindisfarne, Bellerive, Howrah, on the waterfront. Hobart Port (consititution dock etc) can give some good sunset shots, but be prepared to have both people and cars in your shots

Ellen
08-11-2008, 5:43pm
Thank you! I'll have to write that down. Hope the weather is ok, although I dont think it is meant to be :(

ricktas
08-11-2008, 5:56pm
When are you here Ellen, maybe we could have a mini-meet and show you some locales?

Ellen
08-11-2008, 6:30pm
That sounds good Rick - I'm in town tues night and wed night. Not sure what time i'll finish work, prob around 5 - 5:30 ish. Would any other Tassie-ites be interested? It would be fun to do a meet - I havent done a melb one yet!

Photogra
09-11-2008, 9:51pm
If we are going to do sunset shots I would be very interested but I won't finish work until at least 8.00 pm. Maybe I could meet up with you guys after I finish somewhere.

ricktas
10-11-2008, 6:32am
I could do a sunset tuesday, have to be online wed evening to do the POTW poll etc.