PDA

View Full Version : Bag Modifications

terry.langham
14-10-2008, 3:34pm
I recently purchased a Lowepro Inverse 200AW (http://products.lowepro.com/product/Inverse-200-AW,2101,7.htm) and got to give it a good test last weekend. I was a little disappointed with how it performed. When loaded it had a tendency to flop outwards making it awkward to get anything in and out of it. It would also get crushed at the bottom so that you would have to force lenses back in. Yesterday arvo I made a couple of modifications that have fixed those issues.

1. Cut a solid 5mm thick plastic base and covered it in soft material. I know its a terrible photo but it shows you what I did (i think)

2. I anchored the bottom of these two adjustment straps to try and stop the bag flopping out. This worked but some 'flopage' was still present.

3. I moved the top straps anchor point higher on the bag to stop the flop totally.

Now I have an easy to use bag that puts minimal strain on my back.

Seesee
14-10-2008, 4:29pm
One would think that an overpriced bag company like this would get it right :confused: ....seems like a good solution to me, well done.

terry.langham
14-10-2008, 6:39pm
It sat nicely with the kit lenses and 50/1.8 but with my 70-200/2.8,24-60/2.8 and flash it would flop. Was more the overloading that was the problem not so much the bags design.