PDA

View Full Version : Google Chrome

brindyman
02-09-2008, 12:40pm
Thats right folks

google is just about to release a web browser

beta release out tommorow

for more information on the new browser click here (http://books.google.com/books?id=8UsqHohwwVYC&printsec=frontcover#PPA7,M1) basically a comic telling you all about the browser.

im not quiet sure where its downloadable from at the moment but im sure it will be revealed by them in all good time :) enjoy:action66:

Bax
02-09-2008, 1:03pm
Can't wait.

That's about all the input I can provide for now.

BLWNHR
02-09-2008, 1:17pm
Great, another browser to try to make compatible with my sites......

mercho
02-09-2008, 3:02pm
I am actually really looking foward to this one... given googles past performance it should be a good browser, and once they have their OS released it should be a nice combo ;)

im not quiet sure where its downloadable from at the moment but im sure it will be revealed by them in all good time

Maybe google? :p ;)

brindyman
02-09-2008, 3:03pm
if they ever get it released lol they have had so many setbacks with the OS

but yeah im looking forward to the browser as well :):D

ricktas
03-09-2008, 7:56am
I just installed Google Chrome, Damn it is FAST! So far, its got me impressed.

mercho
03-09-2008, 8:48am
i have downloaded it at work but havent got around to installing it yet.. so busy arrggghhh :mad:

Here (http://www.google.com/chrome) is a download link for anyone wanting to download

peterst6906
03-09-2008, 8:52am
I've just installed it (10 to 1 in the morning here.....what am I still doing out of bed) and it's super fast.

I think I might stick with this for a while if the performance stays like this. I've been a Firefox user for a long time now, but a change might be on the cards.

Regards,

Peter

Lani
03-09-2008, 9:29am
Is it only for vista, or will it run on XP as well? :)

mercho
03-09-2008, 9:52am
Is it only for vista, or will it run on XP as well? :)

nah "vista/xp" - so will run on both :)

ricktas
03-09-2008, 10:20am
It needs an EXIF viewer!, and has anyone worked out how to get back to your "home" screen?

The recent visit windows are a clever addition.

peterst6906
03-09-2008, 3:17pm
... and has anyone worked out how to get back to your "home" screen?

To get a home button, go to the options screen (selected from the little spanner icon at the top right).

In the first panel (Basics), there's a check-box to add a home button on the toolbar.

Regards,

Peter

jev
03-09-2008, 3:28pm
Lean and mean, hopefully this thing is gonna offer a whole lot of features without sacrifycing speed. Nice! It does eat into processor power though... my portable keeps the vent going when chrome is running. In addition, they need to address the garbage collection issue - it noticably slows down for a second or so from time to time.

Edit: I've been using chrome for a day now, but it's going to be removed. It doesn't behave when it's on dual-screen and it doesn't respect my display settings in windows (I've set it to "Windows Classic style", but the windows decoration still looks like Vista - yuck!).

Ow, and strike that "lean and mean". I've got one lousy window open and it's eating 80 MByte RAM. :crzy:

Edit #2: ...and no color management. Is that old fashioned or what? :confused:

OMN
03-09-2008, 7:48pm
long time coming, should be great. i feel sorry for all the other search engines. i will stick with mozilla for a while though.

pgbphotographytas
04-09-2008, 8:09am
I tried it, was ok but I am sticking with Firefox for the moment.

Paul

ricktas
04-09-2008, 9:55am
I have removed it as well. Found there are a lot of features that are not available in it, or hidden in the menu's. Not intuitive at all.

IanB
02-09-2009, 8:34am
I was about to start a new thread and this one popped up>>I have been having dramas with FF since the last update, so last night I set up GC; working much better then FF was. Time will tell, but at the moment I like it.
:)

ving
02-09-2009, 10:26am
maybe next release... I'll stick to opera for now (built in exif vewer rocks)