PDA

View Full Version : Shooting rainbows

Canadian_dwnunda
27-08-2008, 10:16pm
Hi there,

Im new to the whole forum situation and wanted to know how other people try to tackle rainbow photos. Does anyone have any tricks or are there a general set of rules to try and make the colours jump out. I've only been shooting with my Canon 20D and this was my first attempt trying to shoot one. I know its a tad grainy and that it does take away from it. I had heard that polarizer filter helps but i'm not sure it did in this situation. Also how is the best way to set he white balance for this situation, I left it on manual cause I was unsure exactly... Any advice or or suggestions is welcomed!

http://i524.photobucket.com/albums/cc325/Canadian_dwnunda/IMG_8398.jpg
thanks,
don

IanB
27-08-2008, 10:40pm
Rainbows come and go pretty quickly so just grab what you can, how you can, when you can. White balance; use auto. The fix up is just to give you an idea or two. Added contrast with levels. add colour to r/bow with sponge tool; lightened the cliff with dodge tool and changed cliff colour with levels.

I think I may have made that sound a bit daunting for you. Don't worry about it, just put it in the memory box for later.

That's a good photo i really like it. Keep them coming

Cheers