PDA

View Full Version : NIK collection V2

martycon
05-01-2020, 1:47pm
I have NIK collection V1 which I use only for final sharpening, and am happy with it. Has anyone used both V1 & V2 and found the latter to be significantly improved?
cheers marty

nardes
05-01-2020, 5:15pm
A negative here Marty - I never used Output Sharpening in either V1 or V2, so cannot offer you and advice.

I used to use Raw Pre-Sharpener in V1 and occasionally use it in V2 and have not noticed any significant difference. It now shows as Sharpener Pro 3 in my V2 Panel.

Cheers

Dennis

martycon
05-01-2020, 11:39pm
Thanks Dennis, I recall that you have used Topaz Detail on some things, possibly on butterflies. Do you use anything other than that and ACR sharpner and luminosity tools?
cheers marty

nardes
06-01-2020, 9:17am
Thanks Dennis, I recall that you have used Topaz Detail on some things, possibly on butterflies. Do you use anything other than that and ACR sharpner and luminosity tools?
cheers marty

Hi Marty

My recipe for using various Plug Ins changes depending on the image I am processing.

If I have a well exposed image with solid IQ I usually use Topaz AI Noise Reduction and then Nik's Color Efex 4 (Detail Extractor) on a new layer at either 25%, 33% or 50% Opacity restricted to the Subject via a Mask. (I often want the BG to be smooth so Mask it fro the effects of Detail Extractor).

AI NR cleans up any noise and Detail Extractor looks like it gently increases the micro contrast and improves shadow detail and cools off any bright highlights. These are all quite subtle effects but they do lift the raw image to make it pop more on my screen.

Cheers

Dennis

martycon
06-01-2020, 5:37pm
Thanks for the extra info Dennis