PDA

View Full Version : K&F Concepts TM2534 Tripod

woononabutch
05-12-2019, 7:16pm
Entertaining the idea of purchasing a K&F Concepts TM2534 Tripod, anyone had any experience with this brand at all??

Cheers
Chris

Mark L
07-12-2019, 12:37am
I googled what you must have and they seem OK.
What do you want to use it for? Might need a tilt or ball head for some stuff.

woononabutch
07-12-2019, 12:26pm
I googled what you must have and they seem OK.
What do you want to use it for? Might need a tilt or ball head for some stuff.

Thanks for reply Mark. Basically, I am after a replacement for my quarter century old ‘Focal’ tripod. Even though this tripod is quite light to travel with, it is the trouble setting it up.
I’d like to do a lot more landscape and long exposure; the K&F tripod appears to fit what I am looking for at a reasonable price ($99.99). The price does include the ball head, with the quick release attachment which is a big plus for me. I did find an image of the attachment which attaches to the camera and it appears to have a fold away “D” ring on the lower side, that would enable me to still utilise my “Black Rapid” strap.
By the way I have now ordered one, I will let you know how it goes after it arrives

Chris

Cage
07-12-2019, 12:55pm
My post is now superfluous after yours.

FWIW long centre columns and long exposures are not compatible companions.

fillum
07-12-2019, 6:45pm
Superfluous as well...

I don't have any experience with their tripods but own 4 of the K&F 'dumb' lens adapters (although only use 3 of them). They seem well made and are a good tight fit. They've had plenty of use and remain in good nick.

I also have a K&F variable-ND filter not quite up to the same standard - lighting seems a bit uneven across the frame. Although I've only used it for a handfull of shots and there could be some operator error. (When I pay $18 for a filter I expect it to be stellar ! :))

Cheers.