PDA

View Full Version : Windows Feature Update

Bear Dale
29-08-2019, 10:29am
Anyone installed today's Windows Feature Update yet? There's reports it breaking bluetooth connections.

GrumpyD369
29-08-2019, 12:15pm
I have run the update, cant comment on the Bluetooth I have never been able to get mine to work.

Bear Dale
29-08-2019, 12:22pm
Our PC's are updated now, took awhile but all good.

nardes
29-08-2019, 1:19pm
Looks like my PC is not yet ready for this latest update.:)

Cheers

Dennis

Bear Dale
29-08-2019, 2:40pm
Once installed, if you use System Restore, you need to enable it after this update.

ricktas
29-08-2019, 6:42pm
If it is the update I got the other day, mine seems to be working well. The integration between Samsung and Microsoft is something I appreciate.

I can now send texts from my pc!

https://www.windowscentral.com/breaking-down-microsoft-and-samsung-partnership

arthurking83
29-08-2019, 10:17pm
If it is the update I got the other day, mine seems to be working well. The integration between Samsung and Microsoft is something I appreciate.

I can now send texts from my pc! ....

Ah! I noticed some new annoying popup not long ago, and just as usual dismissed it as usual M$ bloat.
Didn't realise it was a phone sync/feature thingie.

But(FWIW) I've been sending/recieving storing SMSs to and from phone on my PCs for about 10-ish years! (MyPhoneExplorer).

Back in 2009, I had to stop working 'on the road' .. as a courier ... and had to get a proper job.
Got a job in a transport Co. doing both driving and despatching. Despatching work via mobile phone.
Most annoying doing it this way, tedious is a nice way to explain it.
So looked for mobile compatible software for PC and found MPE.
90% of work to the transport Co. came in via email, so with mobile tethered to PC, I'd copy and paste email data to MPE and off as an SMS.
1/100th the work to despatch work out :th3:

ameerat42
30-08-2019, 5:52am
Ah, so it was probberly you who put me onto that years ago (I thought it was Rick, and if it was, apologies)
which I have used repeatedly and have disseminated to others. I can't believe how bad some of the propriety
comms packages were. OK, even this one is a joint dev between Sony and MS, but at least...

ricktas
30-08-2019, 6:48am
I commented on the SMS feature as that is the one i have used so far. There is a whole heap more to this integration. I can display my phone screen on my computer and adjust phone settings etc directly from my desktop. Move files in and out of both devices with ease. Includes Outlook integration (I don't use outlook, but it is there). I can drag a photo from my phone straight into photoshop on my laptop.

I think as this co-operation between M$ and S$ expands the ease of workflow will be of benefit to many. Especially those who use outlook for business and are on the go.