PDA

View Full Version : Google Pixel's night sight

Glenda
24-05-2019, 4:15pm
I finally got around to trying this function out and am rather impressed. I have an original version of the Pixel phone and they do recommend using a tripod for the older phone. However, these were hand held with me just trying to hold the phone as still as possible during the exposure and I haven't processed them in any way except for resizing.

Gazza
28-05-2019, 5:18am
The second is impressive the way the camera/phone has handled the those brighter background lights yet has wonderful exposure for Gordon and yourself...Jeez, you're lookin' younger and younger everyday :grinning01:

feathers
28-05-2019, 7:43am
Hand held, and at night!..... well done. Pretty good clarity and lighting.

Glenda
28-05-2019, 11:00am
The second is impressive the way the camera/phone has handled the those brighter background lights yet has wonderful exposure for Gordon and yourself...Jeez, you're lookin' younger and younger everyday :grinning01:

Gordon and I both hate getting our photograph taken - my son and his girlfriend make much better subjects. :nod: We have just returned from OS and am so sick of younger tourists and their fixation on getting selfies - especially when they would just walk into our shot to take them. By the end of the trip I was adept at walking into their shot then turning to them and saying "frustrating isn't it" or if, they were getting heaps of selfies at the same place, with the same background, walking to stand near them and starting to count down from 5. I found most moved on then. Our philosophy is take a shot of the place - we know we were there as we have that - we don't need ourselves in the shot to confirm we were there.

Hand held, and at night!..... well done. Pretty good clarity and lighting.

Thanks feathers, I used it at an underground destination OS and was really pleased with the results, especially as I was needing almost max ISO to get the shot on my dslr.

Geoff79
28-05-2019, 1:46pm
Wow, I’d be impressed with these outputs from an SLR, particularly the second shot. A bit blown away these are from a phone. I’d be super happy with these results.

I noticed your absence but didn’t know you were overseas. Might be answered in a thread I’m yet to get to, but where’d you go? Wherever it was, looking forward to the slideshow. ;)

Glenda
29-05-2019, 6:55am
Wow, I’d be impressed with these outputs from an SLR, particularly the second shot. A bit blown away these are from a phone. I’d be super happy with these results.

I noticed your absence but didn’t know you were overseas. Might be answered in a thread I’m yet to get to, but where’d you go? Wherever it was, looking forward to the slideshow. ;)

Thanks Geoff, the Google Pixel phone is pretty good and this night sight is impressive. We went to Turkey so quite a few photos to process - after I catch up with the washing, ironing and get my body clock back in sync with Qld time. :D