PDA

View Full Version : Topaz DeNoise users - just received a free update to "Topaz Noise AI"

nardes
18-04-2019, 3:23pm
I have been using the Topaz Lab (https://topazlabs.com/) Plug Ins for PS CC (and LR) for a number of years now and until the recent release of "Topaz AI Clear" (for Noise Reduction & detail sharpening) I used to use "Topaz DeNoise" as a Filter Plug In inside PS CC and found that it did a really good job.:)

I have just received an e-mail from Topaz for a free download to a (new) "Topaz DeNoise AI" application which I have downloaded and installed.

I haven't had an opportunity to exercise it yet, or compare it with "Topaz AI Clear", but if you have previously purchased Topaz DeNoise you may be eligible for a free upgrade?:confused013

Cheers

Dennis

UPDATE: From the Topaz e-mail:

"We're really excited about DeNoise AI – in our tests it's created far better results than both AI Clear and the old DeNoise plugin. Thanks so much for supporting us, and we can't wait to see what you create!"

Hawthy
18-04-2019, 5:11pm
I also have Topaz Denoise but haven't received this offer. I downloaded a trial version of Denoise AI and it is pretty good but I baulked at the price. Hoping that the offer arrives in my inbox soon!

Mary Anne
18-04-2019, 5:51pm
I also have Topaz Denoise but haven't received this offer. I downloaded a trial version of Denoise AI and it is pretty good but I baulked at the price. Hoping that the offer arrives in my inbox soon!

My email came today with the free downloaded link.

nardes
18-04-2019, 6:33pm

Hi Andrew

The e-mail correspondnece from Topaz was quite specific - it was sent to the e-mail address used to purchase/register the original Topaz DeNoise.

Have you since changed e-mails perhaps?

Cheers

Dennis

- - - Updated - - -

The 2-page Splash Screen that opens when I launch “Topaz DeNoise AI” recommends that you should apply the Plug In early on in your processing workflow. It also mentions that it performs best on Raw images as it operates on the sensor noise.

I can access “Topaz DeNoise AI” in PS CC either via the Filter – Topaz Labs – Topaz DeNoise AI path or the Filter – Topaz Studio - Topaz Studio – Plug Ins - Topaz DeNoise AI path.

Cheers

Dennis

rexboggs5
27-04-2019, 9:55am
I am also a regular user of Topaz products, and I received both Denoise AI and Sharpen AI for free as I owned the previous Topaz products (Denoise and InFocus).
I have been using these products for about a month or so, and I find them both to be very good. Here is a link to a photo I took at the recent Ridgelands Campdraft that I processed using Denoise AI followed by Sharpen AI: https://www.dropbox.com/s/40np6qwhh4wxcsc/Ridgelands%20Campdraft%202019%20-%2026.jpg?dl=0.

At times Sharpen AI slightly over-sharpens sections of a photo but because both of these can be opened from Photoshop as separate layers, I can use a mask in PS to selectively reduce the sharpening in sections of a photo if needed. They do cost a bit (though Denoise AI is on sale for US$60 instead of US$80 until 3 May in the US) but compared to the cost of cameras and lenses, they are relatively inexpensive. And upgrades are free for life.

Cheers, Rex

Tannin
27-04-2019, 12:04pm
I just downloaded my free upgrade. I haven't used Topaz products much, though I own the suite. I tend to just reach for the old familiar Nik Collection when I want to do something because that saves brainpower, and in any case, I don't PP my images much, preferring to get it right in camera as far as possible. But I really need to put some time into learning the newer tools.

PS: Topaz "free for life" doesn't mean much. They do a few upgrades for a little while, then they bring out a "new" product with a different name and you have to pay again. This recent free upgrade may be a response on their part to increasing cynicism from Topaz users. Let's see if the new one finally understands my not-very-recent cameras, such as the (quite old now) 5D IV, which the previous (paid for) versions don't. (I guess EOS R support is a bit much to hope for, but let's try it out and see.)