PDA

View Full Version : E-M1 MkII Back Button Focus ?

MarkChap
22-12-2018, 12:12am
Hi All,
New E-M1 MkII User
I am slowly trawling my way through the manual
I have always, well for as long as I can remember, been a back button focus advocate, love it, first thing I set on any new body.
I can't seem to find a way to set any of the buttons on the back of the body to be AF start ?
Or am I shit out of luck

Thanks in Advance

Mary Anne
22-12-2018, 4:23pm
Will this Help Mark http://seldomscenephotography.com/2017/09/03/back-button-focusing-on-the-olympus-e-m1ii-revisited/ you make find more help on the first two blue links
I don't use BBF on My EM1 only my Canon cameras, as I could not work it out 5 years ago when I bought my E-M1 so I did not bother for shooting macro.

martycon
22-12-2018, 7:49pm
Mark, Mary Annes link seems to show me how to set BB focus. So I may learn can you tell me why you find BBF so handy? Is it more convenient than the sliding ring sleeve on the lens?
regards marty

MarkChap
25-12-2018, 3:18pm
Thanks MAry Anne, I worked it out and it is quite easy once you know how

MArty, I have used Back Button for focus like forever now
You can focus and meter different areas, you can prefocus on a spot and not have to worry about focus changing when you half press the shutter button to meter, you can leave the camera in continuous AF mode and have both Continuous and Single AF, press teh button and release for single, press and hold for continuous