PDA

View Full Version : Firmware Update 2.2 for E-M1 Mk II.

Ross the fiddler
31-08-2018, 9:59am
Now there is another firmware update that includes other little fixes besides compatibility fixes for lenses I don't have.
http://dl01.olympus-imaging.com/ww/ud2/ENU/0001/1250/index22a.html

Ver.2.2
(Aug. 30 2018)
Stability of operation when shooting still images has been improved.
Corrected issue of C-AF not operating correctly when using the "LEICA DG SUMMILUX 25mm / F1.4 ASPH.(H-X025)" interchangeable lens produced by Panasonic.

I've done the update now (I had skipped 2.1) & the one thing that may change (with settings automatically saved with the Camera Updater) is the SD Card Slot Settings, particularly if turning the camera on without one or both SD cards in. It's easily updated in Menu H1 though.

Floribunda
01-09-2018, 9:39am
Thanks Ross - will attend to this when we get home. Sounds worthwhile.

Ross the fiddler
02-09-2018, 10:45pm
Just as a matter of caution, another user believes he lost something after the update.

Well, I found my first change. I can no longer set the FN lever action independently in Custom Sets.

Normally I use it to switch from S-AF to C-AF, and in C3(Manual) It will change the dials from Shutter/Fstop to ISO/Exposure Comp. With the new firmware, the lever setting (mode) is NOT saved in Custom modes.
I can confirm that the normal fn buttons seem to be saving though.

Figures that I just found a button setup for fast action that I like, and now cant use.
Nick779

Ross the fiddler
03-09-2018, 8:37am
A further update from that user.

Reflector said: ↑
You can downgrade from the newer version for now while Olympus sorts this out/or not:
Olympus firmware update tool (https://lightsnowdev.com/Olympus/index.html)

Nick779
Wow, that worked perfectly. Im sticking with 2.1.

Edit: I may have been mistaken, it exhibits the same behavior in 2.1 and according to Wrotniak's page, the FN lever setting is not retained in the custom modes, so maybe I was just wrong the whole time.

Edit2: if anyone has any suggestions on using exposure comp when using auto iso and manual, id love suggestions. Setting a button to exposure comp does absolutely nothing.