PDA

View Full Version : Visiting Sydney and NSW in September

Claire M
25-08-2018, 8:14pm
As I will be arriving in Sydney from 7th Sep and mostly visiting my Mum on the Central Coast up to 15th Sep, I was wondering if any Sydneysiders or those from regional areas would like to possibly meet up for a chat over a cuppa or a drink and eats somewhere, or even a photo session for a couple of hours during the above dates?
Cheers! :D

Lance B
25-08-2018, 9:42pm
I am open to try for a meet up.

Claire M
27-08-2018, 5:29pm
Thanks for responding Lance. :)
It would be great if a couple/few more photo folk out there may like to meet up too, so anyone else interested?
Cheers! :D

Geoff79
31-08-2018, 3:35pm
Hey Claire, just to acknowledge this one... would be cool to meet up for a few shots but this weekend in question is sadly off the cards for me. Just had to postpone a planned weekend away to see the family on port mac due to outside causes. I think I’ll now be camping with the kids this weekend, but either way won’t be around. :(

I think you were on the central coast a similar time last year? Is this an annual trip you make?

William W
31-08-2018, 8:25pm
Daytime Monday 10th or Tuesday 11th, in Sydney can be arranged.
PM me if this is suitable.

WW

Claire M
31-08-2018, 9:55pm
Thanks for responding too Geoff and William. :)
I'll PM you - Lance and William soon re possibly meeting up for a little photo shoot somewhere in Sydney (coastal perhaps - around Cronulla or for a cityscape perhaps)?

Hey Claire, just to acknowledge this one... would be cool to meet up for a few shots but this weekend in question is sadly off the cards for me. Just had to postpone a planned weekend away to see the family on port mac due to outside causes. I think I’ll now be camping with the kids this weekend, but either way won’t be around. :(

I think you were on the central coast a similar time last year? Is this an annual trip you make?

Geoff, I was wondering if an arvo/eve during a week day or Sat 15th may be suitable for a meet-up/photo session on the CC, as I would like to meet up with you, and your family if it's at all possible. :)
I try to travel over to the other side of Aus once a year to visit my Mum (she's over 80 years young and doing well considering I must say), and autumn or late winter or Spring seems to suit better re quieter times at my work and better value airfares. :D
Cheers!

NikonNellie
08-09-2018, 11:11pm
Shame it wasn't another time but I will be busy looking after my granddaughter and preparing for a trip to Hawaii over the next two weekends. If it had been in the middle of October a meetup would have been on the cards as I will be retired by then.

ameerat42
09-09-2018, 8:24am
Hah! This has been here for a while and I've only just seen it:confused013

Pls include me in a meet, though my cam is a bit sick. Maybe I can mope over
a cupper coffee, and anyway, take one of my little older ones. I can't do
Wednesday morning (12/9) but should be OK for other times.

ameerat42
09-09-2018, 7:11pm
Update on some possible movements...:cool:

On Wednesday evening, ~6-6:30PM until dark I plan to be at my haunt at Balls Point Reserve for some new
attempts at some city lights. In addition, I might try Blues Point Reserve. Parking is great at the former, and
during the day is a bit tight at the latter. But at the times indicated there should be no problem. I can't make it
south of the SHBridge that night. If people want to wander over to Copes Lookout and the N pylon area of the
bridge it is not too far.

Other than Wed morning, I am (reasonably) free to meet up at other places and times. At present I have an
effectively non-working DSLR, so I'll be taking a couple of compacts. I'm mostly after land/seascapes and
architecture.

In addition, I'd be interested in doing a South Pylon visit. It was $10 a couple of years ago. Lots of stairs to
climb, but interesting if you haven't been.

Below is a Google map copy of the places mentioned.

Some places on the Lower N Shore, courtesy Google Maps (link here (https://www.google.com/maps/place/Wollstonecraft+NSW+2065/@-33.8457111,151.2069815,1445m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x6b12aee51ef34aeb:0x5017d681632d090!8m2!3d-33.83356!4d151.19128)).

Claire M
09-09-2018, 8:08pm
Thanks for your replies Nellie and AM :D
Lucky you Nellie - soon to be travelling to Hawaii (Hope to get there one day); and AM - ooh, Wed eve and night won't be good for me for a photo session, as I have to rely on public transport and I'm staying in the northern end of the Central Coast, so thanks for the invite, but I'll decline that suggestion.
I may be in the city on Friday (maybe Cronulla area), not sure as yet. I'll PM you mid week if this is likely to happen. Cheers!

ameerat42
09-09-2018, 8:35pm
OK, C M. Unless it rains, and maybe even if it does, I'll be doing BH that evening.

William W
10-09-2018, 10:34am
Attn Claire,
Thank you for your PM.
I attempted to reply but was unable to send.
Please note the error message that I received:

"Claire M has exceeded their stored personal messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space."

WW

Claire M
10-09-2018, 7:48pm
No worries William, I cleaned it up a couple of days ago, so sorry I wasn't able to receive your PM.
Cheers! :)