PDA

View Full Version : Photo Mechanic

Bear Dale
30-03-2018, 1:07pm
Been reading a lot how so many 'pros' (you know, anyone on Youtube :) ) rave about Photo Mechanic and how fast it is and so much better than any other program for loading up photos and sorting through them.

Downloaded a trial, I must be missing something as it seems pretty convoluted to me.

Any PM users here? Is it worth persevering with?

Glenda
31-03-2018, 6:28am
I've never heard of it so googled and read this https://fstoppers.com/post-production/cut-your-workflow-time-half-using-photomechanic-3287.

It seems like it's really popular with pro sports photographers who can quickly review hundreds of shots and send off the best to their newspaper/magazine. As I don't shoot in those sorts of volumes and can review at leisure I doubt I'd be interested in it.

arthurking83
31-03-2018, 6:35am

Downloaded a trial, I must be missing something as it seems pretty convoluted to me.

Tried it too to see how well it did keywording/tagging .. didn't like it's supposed 'speed' ... didn't like it's ability to keyword/tag either! .. uninstalled within a few minutes of installation!

Are you opening raw images?

Mark L
02-04-2018, 9:49pm
I've never heard of it so googled and read this https://fstoppers.com/post-production/cut-your-workflow-time-half-using-photomechanic-3287.

It seems like it's really popular with pro sports photographers who can quickly review hundreds of shots and send off the best to their newspaper/magazine. As I don't shoot in those sorts of volumes and can review at leisure I doubt I'd be interested in it.

I've taken about 100 photos of Black Kites in flight in the last 8 days. What to do here? Righto, take 1000 photos.

MattNQ
03-04-2018, 8:08am
Been meaning to try it, but haven't yet.
Asked on here a few years ago, but nobody had used it back then.
One netball carnival I shot last year was around the 10k mark so anything that makes sorting that sort of volume quicker is tempting.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk