PDA

View Full Version : Peak Design Quick Release Strap Connectors

Bear Dale
15-03-2018, 4:25pm
Anyone use these? What are they like?

https://www.digitalcamerawarehouse.com.au/peak-design-anchor-links-slim-al-3

blkmcs
15-03-2018, 6:21pm
Yes, I have a couple of their cuff wrist straps and a slide summit edition strap which use these connectors.

Really quick and easy to use.

nardes
15-03-2018, 7:57pm
Hi Jim

I use the Peak Design QR straps and Anchor Link connectors and have been very pleased with them.

I use the Peak Design Slide camera strap for heavier DSLR rigs e.g. 5D with 100-400mm lens and find the strap quite comfortable for a several hour carry.

I use the Peak Design Slide Lite camera strap for my EOS-M mirrorless or when I want a compact strap for e.g. DSLR + 24-70mm lens.

For a long, all-day carry, I usually have a Think Tank waist belt with the Peak Design Capture Clip, so I can clip the DSLR body into the waist belt, thus sharing the load between the shoulder strap and waist belt. This combo greatly reduces fatigue.

I like the Peak Design system because it allows to easily configure all my gear using their Anchor Links and the overall system is compact, lightweight, reliable and easy to use.

I actually prefer the 3-pronged clip/buckle design of e.g. rucksack harnesses for easy insertion/release as I have carried rucksacks for most of my life and my muscle memory operates these without thinking.

Occasionally I find the Peak Design Anchor Links a bit fiddly compared to the 3-pronged clip/buckle design of e.g. Op-tech straps, but this is a very, very minor issue and I would not hesitate to recommend the Peak Design system.

The Peak Design new Anchor Link connectors have a bevelled edge to facilitate easier insertion, which partially overcomes the issue I raised above.

Cheers

Dennis

MissionMan
15-03-2018, 8:52pm
Anyone use these? What are they like?

https://www.digitalcamerawarehouse.com.au/peak-design-anchor-links-slim-al-3

What are you looking to use it with? Slingstrap?

Bear Dale
16-03-2018, 11:35am
Appreciate the replies.

I still want to just use my Nikon strap, but I'd like a method of quickly disconnecting it from the camera body. When I'm using a tripod I always feel its a hazard and that I could catch it and pull the camera over <shudder>.

MissionMan
16-03-2018, 11:38am
Appreciate the replies.

I still want to just use my Nikon strap, but I'd like a method of quickly disconnecting it from the camera body. When I'm using a tripod I always feel its a hazard and that I could catch it and pull the camera over <shudder>.

If that’s all you are worried about, you can get a leather strap with metal clips that doesn’t leave the dangly bits on the camera. I hate straps.

The alternative is to use a retractable ring to clip onto on the bottom of the arca plate and use something like a black rapid which is better for heavier weight camera lens combos.

nardes
16-03-2018, 12:07pm
Appreciate the replies.

Hi Jim

I modified a Porta Brace Back/Shoulder X Harness using the PD Receptacles and this works just fine.

I found that 20mm wide webbing fitted the slots in the PD Receptacles and used "Contact Adhesive" to glue the webbing and then used a pop rivet to further secure it - I would have liked to sew it but I'm not gifted in that department.

The SS ring was threaded onto the Porta Brace Harness and then I did the buckles up on the harness so the ring is continuous although I suspect you could use one that can be "threaded" onto your Nikon strap, a bit like a key ring?

Just check that PD have not reduced the slot width on the Receptacle - mine was 20mm wide.

Cheers

Dennis

Bear Dale
21-03-2018, 5:24pm
The Peak design Quick Release Strap Connectors arrived today, brilliant!