PDA

View Full Version : Dipping the Toe into Mirrorless

Speedway
23-02-2018, 4:06pm
Got a phone call from my mate last week, he had decided to update his Panasonic DMC GX8 to the new GX9 and decided I couldn't do without a mirrorless camera in my collection and was sending the GX8 to me so taking up the challenge and being a little short of folding stuff I took to E bay and found a new Lumix G Vario 45-150mm f/4.0-5.6 Lens being auctioned with a starting price of $90.00 + $20.00 Postage So after doing a few checks on the seller I placed a $90.00 bid with a Max of $140.00 and waited. With a few minutes of the auction to go I sat with my baited breath and finger on the bid button, but it wasn't needed as my initial bid won. Now I am just watching the tracking through Aus Post. The camera complete with 2 batteries and a 16GB SD card arrived yesterday (Thursday) The lens is due on Monday or Tuesday. I downloaded the advanced Manual and have been studying it learning the settings layout ready for the trip to Moama next Friday for the Australian V8 Dirt Modified Title at Heartland Speedway plus some camping along the Murray so there should be plenty of test opportunity's. The 4K Photo setting looks interesting for the Speedway?
Cheers
Keith.

John King
23-02-2018, 5:11pm
All the best with your foray to the dark side, mate.