PDA

View Full Version : Sponsor links broken

tandeejay
28-01-2018, 3:42pm
I was looking through the site sponsors and came across the following links that are broken:

Blue Horizon Printing

Takes me to a Clicks Galore page that says:

"Unfortunately we cannot redirect you to the website requested. It is most likely that the Merchant is geographically targeting and filtering the customers / traffic received at their website. The source of this click has been filtered out. The program may also be inactive or have a low balance. "

Teds Cameras link gives a 404 error

Electronic Snow gives a 404 error

The Nile gives the same Clicks Galore page as Blue Horizon Printing

Photobox gives a page saying the servers IP address could not be found

Print on Wood gives the Clicks Galore page mentioned above

Moon Pig same Clicks Galore page...

Nero Software - the Clicks Galore page...

QuickFlix gives a blank page

City Software - again the Clicks Galore Page...

Digital rev goes to the Digital rev website, but lands on a page that gives a 404 error (not quite as bad as the others as you are still on the site, just the landing page in the link is now out of date)

Crazy Sales goes to a blank page

Regards,
John

ameerat42
28-01-2018, 4:11pm
Tands. Just tried them and I don't even get that far!
Ta for pointing it out.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, when I tried using Chrome, I got just blank tabs with spinning activity wheels, including on the AP home page.

- - - Updated - - -

But clicking on the banner ads on the home page worked for a few but NOT Ted's Cameras.

ricktas
28-01-2018, 4:26pm
Most of the 'affiliate' ones are slowly not working. Companies are moving away from affiliate marketing and don't want to pay commission anymore.

I was advised this was going to happen in the near future (in December). I thought they may have held off a little longer before de-activating their links.

I think many of them are reducing their budgets and also advertising on social media. Whereby once they get a 'like' they can advertise for basically free.

Looks like I will have to start removing the advertisers sooner than I expected.