PDA

View Full Version : Just got a great price on the Sigma 150-600 Sport

Cage
15-08-2017, 1:28pm
Just got this lens from Camera Pro for $1,799.00, which is about $550.00 cheaper than the next best non Grey Market price.

http://www.staticice.com.au/cgi-bin/search.cgi?q=sigma+150-600+sport&spos=3

And yes, they are authorised C R Kennedy dealers. I've spoken to them and they did a bulk buy on the lens in Canon and Nikon mounts, and the price is good while current stock lasts.

To put it into perspective, at this price it is only about four hundred bucks dearer than the Contemporary version.

Grab a bargain while they last. ;)

Oh and if you get one, grab the USB dock too. They are a great bit of kit for around eighty bucks, just ask Uncle Arthur. :nod:

timbo2410
20-08-2017, 7:24am
yes the dock is a must in my opinion ... fine tune lens .. don't use the standard distance .. according to Sigma it is best to calibrate at the 3, 6, 15 and 30 metre ranges as it gives a better algorithm for focus .. don't ask me .. that's what they said .. it made a huge difference with mine and you can also adjust focal speed etc with the hub .. great bit of kit .. use a spyderlenscal for the shorter ranges but I made my own larger calibrator for the 15 and 30 metre ranges .. I can also test it at 50 and 75 with great results compared to the non calibrated shots.

Cage
20-08-2017, 12:10pm
yes the dock is a must in my opinion ... fine tune lens .. don't use the standard distance .. according to Sigma it is best to calibrate at the 3, 6, 15 and 30 metre ranges as it gives a better algorithm for focus .. don't ask me .. that's what they said .. it made a huge difference with mine and you can also adjust focal speed etc with the hub .. great bit of kit .. use a spyderlenscal for the shorter ranges but I made my own larger calibrator for the 15 and 30 metre ranges .. I can also test it at 50 and 75 with great results compared to the non calibrated shots.

Cheers timbo.

I've only managed to do the 3m and 6m so far as the wind has been gusting at up to 60ks. I managed a quick shot at about 5m after the adjustment and the improvement was incredible.