PDA

View Full Version : Flexitilt

thegrump
09-05-2017, 5:28pm
I purchased one of these, a few weeks back, and I am putting it through it's paces. It seems to be holding out OK. I thought it might be OK for me, as I take a lot of coins and stamps and the tripod gets in the way. I though it might be a bit flimsy, but it is not, and comes with an Allen key to keep the swivily bits tight. taken with my Samsung mini. Does any one else have one, who can let me know what they think of it..

ameerat42
09-05-2017, 7:28pm
It looks good. :nod: But in the picture, the tripod stem looks rather thin :eek:
If you get any shake in your pics using this, the thin neck might be to blame:confused013

thegrump
09-05-2017, 8:43pm
I do not know why the tripod was wound up like that.

Glenda
10-05-2017, 6:58am
I've seen the ad but didn't get one. Was sort of tempted as thought it would be handy for travelling. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and hope it does the job for you.

Mark L
11-05-2017, 9:54pm
It looks good. :nod: But in the picture, the tripod stem looks rather thin :eek:
If you get any shake in your pics using this, the thin neck might be to blame:confused013
Using live view and self time gets over camera shake.

ameerat42
12-05-2017, 4:34pm
Some of the time...:p

thegrump
12-05-2017, 4:49pm
I have found one minor set back. You have to attach your quick release to the tripod. So if you want to use the flexitilt as a stand alone, you have to detach the qr, from the ft. In my case I have to use a screwdriver.

BTW.... I have 3 tripods. That one is my inside one and I use a remote release ( most of the time )

arthurking83
12-05-2017, 4:52pm

Not all cameras have liveview.
And even then, some cameras were so badly designed that liveview can actually add to the mirror induced vibrations caused by non liveview mode!(I'm looking at you Nikon with the stupid implementation of Liveview on the D300 ... and D90)

So, yes(to the above) sometimes .. but a big fat NO!!! sometimes :D

Also should be known that some cameras only have liveview mode all the time(that is of course mirrorless), but it's a well known fact that some of those cameras, like the Sony A7 series have a shutter action violent enough to cause the same set of vibrations as a flapping mirror!
The D800 twins can have a slight shutter induced shake, even with mirror lockup engaged and a delayed exposure.

Electronic front curtain should eliminate this all together tho.

Something that is not commonly talked about is that vibrations due to under engineered moving parts in a camera can be overcome by using an appropriately slower shutter speed!
Much info on the advantages of using a faster shutter speed is declared by all and sundry, but people usually assume that a slow shutter speed causes vibration induced image unsharpness, which is not quite correct.
An appropriately slow shutter speed causes blurring in an image under specific situations. if you can't speed up shutter speed to eliminate that blurriness, slowing down the shutter speed can help too!