PDA

View Full Version : Camera Club Photo Walk

CathyC
23-04-2017, 10:56am
Hi there guys :D
I am the Secretary of my local camera club (Port Adelaide Camera Club), and we like to have outings on the last Sunday of the month. We are on the hunt for places to go around Adelaide that are great for photography.

Our members have requested that club outing destinations be free (or at least a nominal entry fee) with parking available, but no more than say 1hour drive from Port Adelaide area (for a day trip). We have had anywhere from 6 to 20 members attend our various outings in the past, so that usually means several cars meeting in the one location.

In the past, we have done Adelaide City Walk, Semaphore, Outer Harbor, Adelaide Botanic Gardens, Greenfields Wetlands, Old Tailem Town, Mt Lofty, Middleton, Little Para River. This year already, we have done Adelaide Fringe (night walk), Gorge Wildlife Park and Mt Lofty is our next walk.

We have quite a few bird/nature/landscape enthusiasts in our club and I was hoping that others may have some suggestions of places for us to go. We regularly do Gorge, Adelaide & Mt Lofty Botanic Gardens. Unfortunately, heading into winter, we are stuck for interesting places :(, but I would love to be able to suggest somewhere different to our committee.

Can you help with some suggestions?

Many thanks :nod:

blkmcs
23-04-2017, 10:34pm
http://www.weekendnotes.com/hallett-cove-conservation-park/

Not too far away.

sanger
24-04-2017, 2:01pm
My local spots.
Nothing unique, typical walking trails with birds and gums but nice parks.
Shepherds Hill Reserve...free parking but small car park.
Belair...$12 entry per car, but free in the street.
Sturt Gorge...free in the street.
The old quarries through Mitcham hills....multiple walking trails from Lynton.
Blackwood botanic gardens....free

CathyC
25-04-2017, 7:48am
http://www.weekendnotes.com/hallett-cove-conservation-park/

Not too far away.

My local spots.
Nothing unique, typical walking trails with birds and gums but nice parks.
Shepherds Hill Reserve...free parking but small car park.
Belair...$12 entry per car, but free in the street.
Sturt Gorge...free in the street.
The old quarries through Mitcham hills....multiple walking trails from Lynton.
Blackwood botanic gardens....free

thank you, I will look into those locations :)

Plays With Light
26-04-2017, 9:51pm
Coming into winter, the various waterfalls around town will be flowing freely. Waterfall Gully and the Morialta Falls are just two that come to mind.

CathyC
27-04-2017, 12:50pm
Coming into winter, the various waterfalls around town will be flowing freely. Waterfall Gully and the Morialta Falls are just two that come to mind.