PDA

View Full Version : OMD EM1 ii & Lightroom 5

Filter
05-02-2017, 1:18pm
Hi all, I have discovered that Lightroom 5 does not support EM1 ii .ORF files. Is there a work around for this or do I have to bite the bullet & upgrade? Thanks in advance.

Filter.

Glenda
05-02-2017, 1:30pm
https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1818679 answers a similar question.

Filter
06-02-2017, 11:18pm
Ended up going for the upgrade option, $109 for LR6 as a stand alone program, no CC.

Filter
22-02-2017, 10:04pm
Now that I have LR 6 I have noticed a vast difference when in the developing mode. It struggles to just tab through the photos let alone adjust anything. Searching the web supports what I am experiencing. People have even gone back to LR 5 which is not an option for me with the .ORF files. Has anyone experienced issues & have found a fix?

Filter.

John King
22-02-2017, 10:15pm
Have you thought about using MetaRaw with Adobe products? Or Capture One Pro 10?

I bought MetaRaw to use with CS5 & CS6.

Bridge CC is free ... It displays E-M1 MkII .ORF thumbnails, and allows attachment of keywords etc.

Filter
23-02-2017, 11:15am
Thanks for the options John, I have so many unused programs in this box I'm reluctant to add more if I can help it. Adobe assure me that 6 will out perform 5 but from what I read it has issues with certain setups, maybe my setup is one of these. I came from using Picasa to Lightroom, huge step. I'm sure if I saw the set up that you are referring to working it would not be to complicated. I have to confess, I am winging this computer business & now adding Photography to the mix....wow. But then it's so satisfying & want to make the most of it.

Filter.

John King
23-02-2017, 9:13pm
My main workstation is like that! Now 10 y.o., it's about to be updated with a new motherboard, CPU, graphics, 16-32 GB RAM, plus an SSD. The main HDDs (3TB + 2TB) will migrate. New OS will be Win7 Pro 64 bit.

Then maybe 100 or so programs to migrate!

When I say 'updated', I mean that I have 6 other cases that are all but identical - 5 waiting for upgrades of one description or another. All will gain extra RAM, SSD at the minimum.

As you say, a bloody nightmare! I start by printing out a list of programs to be re-installed for each box ...
Since I have been doing this kind of work for a very long time, it's not quite as frightening for me as it is for some! But I'm getting older, and sillier ... :nod: :eek:.