PDA

View Full Version : am I missing something?

Mr Felix
11-12-2016, 9:14am
Hi folks.

I have been quiet for a "long" time, but have been coming here and looking for Sydney meet ups.

The last thing I posted was about Vivid, and not really seen anything happening since - in Sydney,
If there has, why did I not see it?

Lithgo is a bit far out, but at a push, I could go.
I think my street directory goes that far. Not sure, I haven't looked at it for about 6 years.

I haven't really been posting because ...... well, things have been happening and needed urgent attention.
(I have to deal with my dead fish today. )
Poor guy. He's been hanging on for a while now and simply getting worse. It is hard to help a sick fish.
Cats and dogs are easier in that you can take them to the vet and know what is going on. Not that easy with a fish.
And now is the other question: Do I want another one? (only to watch it ultimately die. Had enough of that in my life.)

So, I hope there may be something interesting/exciting happening soon in which I can come along and partake.

All the best to all.

Happy picture taking!

Lance B
11-12-2016, 10:59am
The issue with trying to arrange a meet up is that you want the best light and weather and these things happen quickly and pass quickly. Much of the time for me it is a spur of the moment thing, the light is good, the weather is good, there have been birds spotted somewhere etc. Trying to arrange for people to get out and meet in a small time frame window of opportunity is nigh impossible.

NikonNellie
11-12-2016, 3:38pm
Andrew - I basically got sick of being the one that organised them with no one else stepping up to do so. I hinted a number of times in posts that any member on the forum was able to organize the Sydney Meets, not just me. Everyone that used to attend the meets, other than you and I have now left the forum for different reasons.

Mark L
11-12-2016, 9:37pm
Andrew that is such a wonderful OP. :D
I've nether been to Lithgo. Lithgow is half way between us so I could probably meet you and others there for photos. Well maybe not unless others know of something interesting to photograph there. I find the place boring. Hassans Walls Lookout is okay but it only really works at sunrise or set .... http://www.visitnsw.com/destinations/blue-mountains/lithgow-area/lithgow/attractions/hassans-walls-lookout
I find the main attraction of Lithgow is that it's on the way to Mudgee.
We've had a mini-Mudgee meet before (people came from far away), maybe we can try again??

sunset
13-12-2016, 11:34am
Hello NSW team. I'm here every so often. :D Lets try & meet up in 2017! I will offer to organise when I have some free time. Ha ha

NikonNellie
13-12-2016, 8:29pm
Hi Ness - that would be great!:)