PDA

View Full Version : Camera strap for two cameras

rexboggs5
06-12-2016, 5:53pm
I now have two cameras and at times would like to have both of them instantly available.

I have come across the BlackRapid RS DR-2 Slim Double Camera Strap which seems to do what I want.

Any comments on this camera strap?

Thanks and Cheers

Rex

ricktas
06-12-2016, 9:19pm
blackrapid made great gear. I have friends with various of their range and every time I have tried one, I have thought 'gotta get me one of those' but have never gotten round to actually doing so.

Ross the fiddler
06-12-2016, 11:48pm
The double camera strap works well. I have a knock off version (Q-Strap) that I bought some time ago that works well, but the Black Rapid would be a safer way to go though. What are you going to hang off them? DSLR's or Mirrorless cameras? I ask because an EVF can suffer 'sun stroke' at certain dioptre settings if left to dangle fully facing the sun (outside, of course).

rexboggs5
07-12-2016, 5:00pm
I'll be hanging two DSLRs off the straps.

Cheers

Rex

Glenda
07-12-2016, 5:31pm
Have you seen this review Rex? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHgC5FnTCNs I wouldn't mind one for hanging a spare long lens and I also like the idea you can separate it to make two straps.

wmphoto
07-12-2016, 8:08pm
I've got a Black Rapid strap (single camera) and love it. Most comfortable camera strap I have ever had and they are well made too. Unlike the standard straps that hang around your neck and can start to hurt after a while, the Black Rapid can hang off my shoulder all day with my Sigma 150-500 & 7D attached and I don't get sore or have it cutting into me.

rexboggs5
07-12-2016, 11:20pm
Thanks folks. Based on what I've read, I'll be buying the Double Strap.
Cheers
Rex

Ross the fiddler
07-12-2016, 11:45pm
Thanks folks. Based on what I've read, I'll be buying the Double Strap.
Cheers
Rex

It's certainly a convenient way of keeping two cameras right at hand. The only thing to remember is they can swing out & bang on furniture, people etc around you so generally I keep my hand on the camera when on a sling while walking around.

rexboggs5
08-12-2016, 10:16am
With the single strap, I always do this. It will be interesting to see how easy it is to do with two cameras. :)

Ross the fiddler
08-12-2016, 7:41pm
With the single strap, I always do this. It will be interesting to see how easy it is to do with two cameras. :)

Double the trouble? ;)

It's only (or whenever) you're moving around or bending over etc. :nod:

Boo53
08-12-2016, 8:05pm
I've had a Black Rapid for many years, but they aren't cheap so the next I bought was a "Q" strap which is as good I think.

Then I bought a couple of Chinese knock offs from fleabay for $9 and they work just as well.

Rather than a double strap, when I'm using 2 bodies, I use 2 separate straps over each shoulder "Hollywood Mexican Bandido" style and never been unhappy

arthurking83
09-12-2016, 11:40am
..... Unlike the standard straps that hang around your neck and can start to hurt after a while ....

I think that's because that method of hanging it around you neck is incorrect!
if I ever use my straps(std camera straps) .. which I only ever do very rarely! .. I use it only as a shoulder strap.
1/. it never hurts
2/. much safer is something were to 'go wrong'.

ps. I've never ever thought of a camera strap as a neck strap, and can't understand why people do so.
To me it's always been a shoulder strap.

Try it and see if it works for 'ya.

Ross the fiddler
09-12-2016, 12:17pm
I still recommend going for the double harness version when using 2 cameras. It effectively carries the weight of each camera on each shoulder but spreads it across because of the harness design. As I said, I use the Q-Strap version (http://www.qstrap.co.uk/), although at the time I did update the fasteners with Black Rapid ones though. Also, they can be split into single straps too.

I just noticed they also have a Triple strap (http://www.qstrap.co.uk/triplereinforcedstrap.html) as well! :crzy: :laughing1:

rexboggs5
09-12-2016, 12:46pm
The fellow at the Rockhampton Camera House said that there is a new version of the double BlackRapid strap - the BlackRapid Double Slim Breathe Camera Strap. Apparently more breathable. Details are:

Double camera strap/harness: shoulder pad built with nylon mono mesh, curved TPE foam and polyester air mesh, adjustable length nylon webbing with buckles, includes 2 full sets of connector (CR-3), 2pcs Lock Star & fastener (FR-5) hardware and a polyester dust bag.