PDA

View Full Version : Stereo Videomic Pro

danhendo888
30-08-2016, 12:56am
I want to record video for:

- childrens karate in a dojo
- random family holiday clips

and need some advice for audio setup.

Should I use a Rode mic and connect it to my D750 or use the same mic but buy an audio recorder to go with it?

Thanks.

Physioz
07-09-2016, 11:01am
Hi Danhendo888.

I have a Stereo Videomic Pro which I previously used with my Canon 70D. The mic. connects directly to the camera either sitting in the hotshoe, or on a mini tripod with about a 3m extension cable that came with it (plugs directly into the camera). It was a bit of a stupid impulse buy (~ 3 years back) because I thought, when I first purchased my 70D, that I'd be doing tonnes of video 'stuff'. The audio quality from the Videomic is very good - although, bear in mind that the only thing I could really compare it to is the 70D audio which is absolutely $%^&* (as to be expected). I used it for recording my kids at school, and random family holiday clips too. The only issue I had with audio was when the wind blew a bit (apparently you can get something to muffle this too?). For what you're proposing to do, IMO, it will do the job well with the caveat that there may be other newer things out there in the market??