PDA

View Full Version : Melbourne Trip

Ged
24-08-2016, 8:10pm
I am heading down to Melbourne tomorrow for work with very little notice. If anyone is heading out tomorrow evening or Friday morning and would like some additional company I would be keen to to join you.

I was thinking of photographing one,some or all of the following locations.
Hosier Lane
Princes Pier
Eureka Skydeck
Webb Bridge

If you are photographying somewhere else I don't mind.

I know it a long shot at this late stage but I thought I would put it out there.

Reply here or send me a PM.

Ged

Filter
24-08-2016, 8:58pm
Such short notice Ged, any other time, shift permitting would have been great...All good subjects. Hosier has been in the news of late, drugs & the like. They are talking about cleaning it up. You might be lucky both days with the weather, hope you get the shots you are after.

Ged
25-08-2016, 1:27pm
I knew it was a long shot. Hoping to have a bit of water around for Hosier Lane to catch some light reflections off the bluestone cobbles.

I @ M
25-08-2016, 3:21pm
I knew it was a long shot. Hoping to have a bit of water around for Hosier Lane to catch some light reflections off the bluestone cobbles.

Water on the cobblestones is easy, as they all say, if you don't like Melbourne's weather just wait ten minutes.

Failing a sudden downpour you could always accidentally drop a cigarette butt into a pile of rubbish and the fire brigade would have the place wet enough for reflections pretty quick. :rolleyes:

Ged
26-08-2016, 3:47pm
Such short notice Ged, any other time, shift permitting would have been great...All good subjects. Hosier has been in the news of late, drugs & the like. They are talking about cleaning it up. You might be lucky both days with the weather, hope you get the shots you are after.

Said to say that Hosier Lane is not very conducive to photographing on your own. A lot of the great graffiti art has been covered with tags. I was accosted by a group of young guys who were under the influence of alcohol or drugs and made it very clear they didn't want me photographing in the lane. I got a couple of shots but was restricted to the Flinders Street end of Hosier. I don't now how the restaurants and cafes are coping with current vibe.

Fettator
27-08-2016, 5:53am
I can't wait to get back to Melb and start looking at the alleys. Big fan of 'Proper' street art....not that tagging rubbish :cool:

GB