PDA

View Full Version : Something's up with Bridge.....

ktoopi
08-07-2016, 12:37pm
Hi all,
I am still working with CS5 which I have on my laptop and my main editing computer.........and I have noticed in recent weeks that I am unable to upload images direct from my camera using the bridge uploader any more. I now have to use a card reader. It is happening on both my computer and my laptop and started happening around the same time on both devices. Usually I can see the first few images in the uploader and then can't see the rest. Anyone have any ideas as to what could be happening and is it just a coincidence that it is occurring on both computers at the same time? At first I thought I had a corrupt CF card but it happens with all my cards , old and new.

Cheers Karen

J.davis
08-07-2016, 7:31pm
Update Adobe Camera Raw to 9.6, should be fine then.

Warbler
10-07-2016, 1:57pm

She can't with CS5.

Can you not see the camera as one of your drives Karen? You can set up a default in Windows for when you connect your camera, at least I can on Windows 7 where it goes straight to the Bridge Uploader, but I'm on CS6.

ktoopi
10-07-2016, 3:58pm
She can't with CS5.

Can you not see the camera as one of your drives Karen? You can set up a default in Windows for when you connect your camera, at least I can on Windows 7 where it goes straight to the Bridge Uploader, but I'm on CS6.

what usually happens......I connect my camera to computer and the bridge uploader automatically opens up. When it opens in the screen before I hit upload, the one where you can see the thumbnails of the images on the camera is where I can only see the first few images and then none of the rest and It won't let me upload them. I can see my camera as a separate drive but it's such a pain in the A to go into it and upload that way :eek: I like the bridge uploader as it does it all for me opens and saves in the correct place etc and I can select individal images to upload or not etc etc

- - - Updated - - -

I already have the latest and last camera raw update they made for CS5 :eek: They are no longer supporting CS5 sadly .....

Warbler
10-07-2016, 4:55pm
Okay. So can you see the filenames of the first few? Is it possible that you may have opened another folder on your card? If you open the card in Windows File Explorer you may see another folder on the card with the rest of the images in that. I don't know what camera you're using, but with mine, if I rolled over the 10,000 images on continuous numbering, it would open a new folder. Bridge would only show one of those and I'd have to choose the other in the advanced dialogue box.

- - - Updated - - -

Is it your 7D or your 5D? I have both those too. I just plugged the 7D in with two cards in it and Bridge showed the contents of both cards. I'll put another folder on it and see if it shows all the images.

- - - Updated - - -

No, it shows the contents of both folders. That theory is gone then. You haven't got a corrupt card have you?

- - - Updated - - -

Can you see all the images on the back of the camera?

ktoopi
11-07-2016, 10:06am
Okay. So can you see the filenames of the first few? Is it possible that you may have opened another folder on your card? If you open the card in Windows File Explorer you may see another folder on the card with the rest of the images in that. I don't know what camera you're using, but with mine, if I rolled over the 10,000 images on continuous numbering, it would open a new folder. Bridge would only show one of those and I'd have to choose the other in the advanced dialogue box.

- - - Updated - - -

Is it your 7D or your 5D? I have both those too. I just plugged the 7D in with two cards in it and Bridge showed the contents of both cards. I'll put another folder on it and see if it shows all the images.

- - - Updated - - -

No, it shows the contents of both folders. That theory is gone then. You haven't got a corrupt card have you?

- - - Updated - - -

Can you see all the images on the back of the camera?

Hi Warbler
Ok ....I can see the first maybe 4 or 5 images and then I can only see blue squares. It happens with both cameras and all my memory cards ......both old ones and new ones:confused013 That's why I was thinking that its a bridge issue and not a camera or memory card issue. I can see all the images on the back of the camera no problem. I have a card reader and can upload the images that way but it is clumsy and time consuming compared to using bridge :eek::eek: I wonder if I reload photoshop if that would make a difference........:confused013

Warbler
11-07-2016, 10:18am
Actually it sounds to me to be more like a USB issue. Check the file size of those that are not displaying. I had a corrupt USB port and I got RAW files that showed 0 bytes as the file size. Your 7D is USB3 and your 5D is USB2, so if you're using different ports, then that probably isn't the problem. Are you trying to copy them to the same hard drive all the time? You can open Bridge whilst holding down the Shift key and purge the entire cache too. That might help as well.

- - - Updated - - -

This bloke is a real Bridge guru. He can be a bit blunt at times, but he sure knows his stuff. Give him a try too. http://ask.damiensymonds.net/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/195567190503489/

ktoopi
14-07-2016, 1:57pm
Thanks Warbler will try to purge cache and I Forgot about Damien !! LOL I will ask him and see what he says.......I'll brace myself for his reply :eek::lol: