PDA

View Full Version : Bubble Levels

Elsa46
15-06-2016, 3:04pm
Just wondering if others have a Hot shoe bubble level on their Camera?

I always seem to have trouble getting my photos straight and thought I should get a level for my Tripod but not sure which one is best.

They seem to be hard to find on any Photographic sites.

Would love to hear any opinions or suggestions on which is best.

Thank you

Cage
15-06-2016, 3:14pm
I got the dual axis one. Worked OK the couple of times I used it.

Check on eBay under 'Hot Shoe Bubble Level'. There are heaps of them from <$2AU from O/S and the same thing local for around $5.00.

PS: I think you will find an electronic level already in your camera.

thegrump
15-06-2016, 3:32pm
My tripod has a level which runs parallel with your line of sight. Makes no sense to me at all.

Filter
15-06-2016, 6:19pm
Got one coming in the mail, I'll let you know. It's ok to have your camera level but when you add panning to the equation things go out of wack.

ricktas
15-06-2016, 6:52pm
you should be able to setup grid view, in your camera. Once set, you can use the grid lines in the viewfinder to get level horizons.

Hamster
15-06-2016, 7:17pm
Got one coming in the mail, I'll let you know. It's ok to have your camera level but when you add panning to the equation things go out of wack.

Not if you've got one of these.
http://www.uniqball.eu/webshop/ballheads/ubh35

Hamster
15-06-2016, 7:20pm
Just wondering if others have a Hot shoe bubble level on their Camera?

I always seem to have trouble getting my photos straight and thought I should get a level for my Tripod but not sure which one is best.

They seem to be hard to find on any Photographic sites.

Would love to hear any opinions or suggestions on which is best.

Thank you

Have you got an electronic level on the camera? You can always get close and then crop in post processing.

Gazza
16-06-2016, 12:21am
Hamster's post above↑↑ jogged my memory, your 70D has a built-in level...just press the 'info' button twice :D

Filter
17-06-2016, 9:27am
You can also activate the level in the view finder

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elsa46
18-06-2016, 5:00pm
Thank you for the great responses all, much appreciated.
I have enabled the Viewfinder level. I saw the level on someones screen the other night a Vivid and was wondering how they got it, great that you can press the info button twice! Thank you for the tip Gazza! ;)