PDA

View Full Version : Oldies but Goodies

mongo
12-06-2016, 9:53pm
Every so often, Mongo checks, cleans and airs the photographic equipment in his cave. Much of it is Mrs Mongo's Pentax equipment.

An older second body Mrs Mongo kept was her original Pentax IstD. Mongo checked and cleaned it along with one of Mrs Mongo's older but much loved lenses - a Pentax 300mm f4 ED Manual "star" lens. The two were together on the sideboard after cleaning and caught Mongo's eye as a must shoot photo. (shot with Nikon D4s and 200-500mm Nikon lens @f6.3, ISO 4000, 1/50th with available light)

Mrs Mongo has a lovely older Pentax 15mm "A" lens which Mongo will love to try on Mrs Mongo's new K1 when see gets one in the very near future - but that's another photo altogether

Mary Anne
13-06-2016, 4:39pm
Gee why dont I have someone to do that to all my gear Mrs Mongo is very lucky :nod: Mongo I hope you get your wish.
Great image BTW lots of detail there even on that shelf :D Its stands out well the camera I mean :2encou:

jim
13-06-2016, 5:18pm
Always had a soft spot for Pentax cameras, since my first SLR was a Pentax SFX. Which I note you can now buy on ebay for $8.95.

mongo
15-06-2016, 9:48am
Gee why dont I have someone to do that to all my gear Mrs Mongo is very lucky :nod: Mongo I hope you get your wish.
Great image BTW lots of detail there even on that shelf :D Its stands out well the camera I mean :2encou:
Thanks Mary Anne. However, be careful what you, our wish for - just ask Mrs Mongo. For his service, Mongo will eat you out of house and home....:lol:

- - - Updated - - -

Always had a soft spot for Pentax cameras, since my first SLR was a Pentax SFX. Which I note you can now buy on ebay for $8.95.
Thanks for looking in Jim. The slightly older Pentagon gear (and probably today's also) is exception quality. Mongo will not be parting with any of it.

Bushy
15-06-2016, 9:52am
Hi Mongo,
My first Camera was an Ashi Pentax SP1000, brilliant camera, I used trouble free for about 12 years, still have it in fact.

mongo
15-06-2016, 11:10am
Hi Mongo,
My first Camera was an Ashi Pentax SP1000, brilliant camera, I used trouble free for about 12 years, still have it in fact.

nice to hear that Bushy. Mongo still has his K1000 (amongst others)

Lance B
15-06-2016, 6:46pm
Ha! My very first DSLR was the wonderful Pentax *ist D, still have a soft spot for it and Pentax as a whole. Interestingly, as you know, I also had that beautiful A*300 f4 lens, a real gem, such a beautifully engineered lens.

peter1929
15-06-2016, 6:50pm
Very nice, well placed , love the reflection, well done.

mongo
15-06-2016, 11:13pm
Ha! My very first DSLR was the wonderful Pentax *ist D, still have a soft spot for it and Pentax as a whole. Interestingly, as you know, I also had that beautiful A*300 f4 lens, a real gem, such a beautifully engineered lens.

yes indeed Lance. We are both former Pentax tragics. Mrs Mongo continues that path.

Snpsht
13-07-2016, 9:05pm
She will love the K-1....such a delightful camera, and makes the legacy primes just so spectacular.

Liney
13-10-2016, 10:56pm
A great image with some wonderful colours. Another lifetime Pentax user here, started with a P30 when it came out and am currently on my third body (K3).