PDA

View Full Version : Tamron lens repair

antongorlin
03-06-2016, 8:25am
Hi,
Can anyone recommend Tamron lens repair in Sydney? I've contacted a few services and everyone replied No. Official Tamron service is in WA, which is a long way and long wait...

ameerat42
03-06-2016, 9:02am
Have you tried WHilton's and ??Sydney Camera Repairs?
ELiz and C'reagh Sts resp.

MrQ
03-06-2016, 9:54am
I had a Tamron lens in for a warranty repair a few years back with Maxwell (http://www.maxwell.com.au/contact_us/index.html), who are Tamron's Australian distributors. I dropped it off and picked it up at their Sydney office.

antongorlin
04-06-2016, 2:02pm
thanks I'll try those

dhoni2017
26-06-2017, 5:23pm
Hi guys

This is my first post here. I hope I am not breaking any rules.
Just wondering whom to contact regarding Tamron lens servicing. I have a range of lenses over the past few years approaching a good amount of shot count that I can hear the motor in the 70-200 f2.8 going off. Maxwell as suggested above is closed.
Thanks

ameerat42
26-06-2017, 5:32pm
Welcome to AP.

Same answer as above, and you are not breaking any rules that I can think of.

An observation, though: you have listed yourself as "Beginner", but you cite a number of lenses, can identify
potential problems with them, and indicate some years of shooting. You may want to revise your skill level.

arthurking83
30-06-2017, 4:08pm
Just wondering whom to contact regarding Tamron lens servicing. I have a range of lenses over the past few years approaching a good amount of shot count that I can hear the motor in the 70-200 f2.8 going off. Maxwell as suggested above is closed.
Thanks

Tamron Australia contact info: (http://tamron.com.au/contact/)

Distributor for Australia is now Blonde Robot P/L
They appear to be based in Melbourne, but I don't know where.

What camera is the 70-200/2.8 mounted too? How long have you had it. Can you describe the issue with it?

.. and I'm backing up Am re the experience level too .. having 'a good amount of shot count' using various lenses, should be above beginner level.