PDA

View Full Version : Downloading from Sony RX100 111

acko
07-03-2016, 3:48pm
I took a number of photos at the V8 Supercars at the weekend, and when I went to down load them from the SD card to my PC it downloaded all the 'still' photos but for some reason would not download the videos that I had taken. If the card is in the camera, I can view them OK on the rear screen...they just don't seem to want to download.
Any suggestions?

ameerat42
07-03-2016, 4:33pm
How? (Not an Indian greeting.)
How were you trying to download both file types? What program?
Have you successfully done it before? Any error messages?
Can you even see the videos?
Etc?
Am.

- - - Updated - - -

The videos names on the card when you try, that is?

acko
07-03-2016, 11:48pm
Have done it many times before. I take the SD card out of the camera and place it into a card reader, plug in the USB and the computer does the rest.
This time for some reason it only downloaded the jpeg images, and not the videos.
I did not do anything different to my normal method.

Steve Axford
08-03-2016, 10:29pm
Probably the software you are downloading them to. Clearly they work in the camera

cokeaddict
11-03-2016, 4:22pm
So how did you go?
have you sorted it out yet ?
You quoted "Have done it many times before. I take the SD card out of the camera and place it into a card reader, plug in the USB and the computer does the rest."
i do a similar thing but after i insert my card, I get the option to open the card and select what I am looking for as the videos are in a different folder.
Maybe the
RX100 111 is a different setup to my a7s and a6000.

acko
18-07-2016, 9:12pm
My apologies, should have posted this months ago.
I got around the problem by simply downloading the files direct from the camera hooked up to the computer with the USB cord.
As stated before, I have not had this problem before.
Isn't technology wonderful!

ameerat42
20-07-2016, 8:40am
Isn't...

You're right there:D