PDA

View Full Version : Tripod for Canon EOS 7D

TL88
04-03-2016, 11:06am
So due to illness and medication I will often get the shakes in my arms and hands that I have no control over and would normally make taking photos impossible but im hoping with the help of a tripod and some smarts I can still do it.

Any suggestions?

I really want to try make this work

ameerat42
04-03-2016, 11:19am
Can't help you with tripods, but in this case you'd best be looking for a lens with OS, IS, or VR,
as discussed in your thread on lenses.

ameerat42
04-03-2016, 1:23pm
I moved some posts from here to the lens thread: http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/showthread.php?145230-Lenses-for-Canon-EOS-7D/page2&p=1345964#post1345964

We'll keep this for tripods - which I know little of:(

Filter
04-03-2016, 9:11pm
TL88, you may not be able to capture the rabbit hopping into the bush but there are many aspects of photography that you can continue to explore. If a tripod is a minimum so be it. You may be able to get away with a monopod & cable release. I have a Benro B1, it is a lightweight carbon tripod that has a detachable monopod leg. Very easy to use... Good luck with it all.

Filter

Mark L
05-03-2016, 9:53pm
^ yes, I was going to suggest a monopod in addition to a tripod. They would both be useful for different types of photos.
What sort of tripod? I have a really heavy steady one. But I like taking photos of birds. Tripod is useless for that 'cause after carrying it for 5 minutes I fall over with exhausted.:)
It's really good for still life, portraits, lightning, whatever can be taken from a static position though. So it all depends on what you plan to use the tripod for.
All the best.:th3:

FallingHorse
21-03-2016, 8:57pm
Definitely a cable release too. Good on you for not giving up and exploring a work around[emoji1303]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk