PDA

View Full Version : Photo Nuts and Shots US Online Tutorial

TL88
03-03-2016, 9:34pm
And the other one is Photo Nuts and Bolts, there both US online tutorials for beginners. Has anyone ever heard of them?

ameerat42
03-03-2016, 9:37pm
No, but from what I could see that wasn't asking for money, it's fairly basic fare that almost any book
on photography from a library would provide.

ricktas
04-03-2016, 7:27am
If you are looking at doing a course, do one from an Australia Registered Training Organisation (RTO), not things like The Photography Institute etc, who have no accreditation. If you do one from an RTO, the certificate you get at the end has value, it is recognised qualification. All the others are just a waste of effort and money.

BUT, you might find a workshop better than a course. These often run for 1-2 days, and whilst not accredited, they often focus on one aspect of photography, like portraiture lighting, wedding photography, seascapes etc. Workshops can be great hands-on value for money.

The main recognised qualification in Aus that is not a Uni Degree is called Certificate IV in photo imaging. More details on this are here :https://training.gov.au/Training/Details/CUA41115 and this will give you an Australian Standard recognised qualification.

ALWAYS find out if a training organisation is an RTO for courses. For workshops, research the instructor, workshops do not have certificates and qualifications, but can be good value for money IF the instructor is good.

Physioz
28-08-2016, 4:17pm
Ricktas, I've just posted my intro (as a newbie to the site) and I mentioned that I'd be looking for photography courses in Sydney. Coincidentally, I saw this post of yours because it seems as if every Google search I do throws up the Photography Institute/or similar. I don't need a qualification/certificate per se, but I'd guess from your post that Australian RTOs are more likely to provide value for money?

ricktas
28-08-2016, 5:47pm
Ricktas, I've just posted my intro (as a newbie to the site) and I mentioned that I'd be looking for photography courses in Sydney. Coincidentally, I saw this post of yours because it seems as if every Google search I do throws up the Photography Institute/or similar. I don't need a qualification/certificate per se, but I'd guess from your post that Australian RTOs are more likely to provide value for money?

RTO's provide recognised qualifications that adhere to a standard set by the Australian Government.

Getting a qualification from a non RTO entity means nothing. Non RTO entities do not have to meet any standard except what they deem is to be included in the course. Any certificate from a Non RTO is not worth anything, it is not a recognised qualification in Australia.

Physioz
29-08-2016, 12:45pm
RTO's provide recognised qualifications that adhere to a standard set by the Australian Government.

Getting a qualification from a non RTO entity means nothing. Non RTO entities do not have to meet any standard except what they deem is to be included in the course. Any certificate from a Non RTO is not worth anything, it is not a recognised qualification in Australia.

Okey-dokes - thanks!