PDA

View Full Version : Need some prints done

Mark L
15-02-2016, 11:54pm
So thought I'd look at AP sponsors.
Found photobox, but the link says server not found.:(
Doesn't seem to be any other AP sponsors offering prints (of cause I could be missing something?)
So then are there any recommendations otherwise?
(yes farmmax, I delete my emails fairly quickly, so can’t remember what I said or who you use for prints;))

ricktas
16-02-2016, 6:46am
give David at bestcanvasprintsonline a call and see if he does other prints as well.

Tjfrnds
16-02-2016, 10:41pm
I've used a few different printers over the past few years, what type of paper do you want to print on?

Mark L
17-02-2016, 9:33pm
I've used a few different printers over the past few years, what type of paper do you want to print on?

Doesn't really matter. Just thinking of putting some stuff in the local show. Something that is basic in matte (or do they call it lustre:))

Tjfrnds
18-02-2016, 12:00am
For prints on standard photographic paper/lustre I use the Edge photo imaging in Melbourne and have used Pixel perfect prolab in Sydney in the past. For a matte finish you'd be looking at using fine art paper - I'd recommend the Edge, Photo mounts and albums in Qland and Bells fine art printing in Geelong for these. Fine art prints can be marked easily though so unless you're framing them, lustre may be better for the show. Most labs will send you some test prints and printer profiles if you ask them, do you have any locally to you?

Hamster
18-02-2016, 4:11pm
Doesn't really matter. Just thinking of putting some stuff in the local show. Something that is basic in matte (or do they call it lustre:))

Unless you've got a fully calibrated/colourspaced/accurately proofed workflow to the final print (including printer/paper profiles) you may like to go local so that you can work with them to get the best outputs for competition work.
There again I would totally understand if that is more hassle than you want to go through :)

ktoopi
21-02-2016, 4:50pm
I recommend "The Edge" in Melbourne or BpPro both do fine art printing ...... BpPro also does framing etc Both companies fab to work with in consumer print labs like Harvey Norman etc what they call matt is actually lustre.......Professional printers like The edge and BpPro have a much bigger selection and you can contact them and ask for samples of their papers so you can see what each is like :) Fine art printing is usually done on cotton rag of some description....hope that helps :)