PDA

View Full Version : Where do we get our Pentax gear from?

Liney
31-01-2016, 10:04pm
Folks

I've been using Pentax now for around 30 years, and while I can find the gear when I need to I find myself having to search the net for stock. We have a couple of local dealers but I have to pre-order stuff rather than just pop in and browse, so where does everyone else get their gear?

And how big a second hand market is there out there? I get the impression it would be more luck than anything else to find good quality used gear (seeing as Pentax is not the most widely used brand) but any hints or tips would be appreciated.

Liney

robma47
01-02-2016, 3:10pm
checkout Pentax forum a lot Aussies on there. www.pentaxforums.com

tduell
01-02-2016, 4:15pm
Folks

I've been using Pentax now for around 30 years, and while I can find the gear when I need to I find myself having to search the net for stock. We have a couple of local dealers but I have to pre-order stuff rather than just pop in and browse, so where does everyone else get their gear?

I got my latest body and lenses either from dcxpert http://stores.ebay.com.au/dcxpert, who often have quite good discounts, or direct from CRKennedy, both via the web.
Excellent service from both,

Cheers,
Terry

peterwa1969
24-02-2016, 3:10pm
Liney,

I'm in the same boat - a long time Pentaxian trolling e-bay, etc for Pentax gear.

I have found local camera stores generally only stock Nikon and Canon and some don't even stock second hand gear anymore.

Will be interested to see what others suggest. I don't wish to change systems but sometimes it seems it would be an option to find what I want!!

ameerat42
24-02-2016, 3:20pm
:confused013 I thought somebody already mentioned the Distributors :confused013
(Must have been in another thread??)

Try CR KENNEDY. (http://consumer.crkennedy.com.au/products/cameras)

tduell
24-02-2016, 3:25pm
:confused013 I thought somebody already mentioned the Distributors :confused013
(Must have been in another thread??)

Try CR KENNEDY. (http://consumer.crkennedy.com.au/products/cameras)

What he said.
I do all my research on the web to decide on what I want then buy direct from CRK or dcxpert, for both Pentax and Sigma.
dcxpert don't have all items, they are usually just the special deals available at the time.
Both normally provide free delivery and usually within a couple of days.

[edit] It must be wonderful to have a good memory, if not to recall what you recently wrote to at least remember to look back to check if you have already written on the subject :o

Cheers,
Terry

Snpsht
19-04-2016, 7:14am
What he said.
I do all my research on the web to decide on what I want then buy direct from CRK or dcxpert, for both Pentax and Sigma.
dcxpert don't have all items, they are usually just the special deals available at the time.
Both normally provide free delivery and usually within a couple of days.

[edit] It must be wonderful to have a good memory, if not to recall what you recently wrote to at least remember to look back to check if you have already written on the subject :o

Cheers,
Terry

Yep...me too on dcxpert or CRK, although with the deals at B & H I am sorely tempted to take the risk of an o'seas purchase on the Pentax 100mm WR macro.