PDA

View Full Version : AP Adelaide Meet

spootz01
12-01-2016, 4:01pm
Hey Guys,

I'm new here so I apologise if I'm breaking any rules but I am trying to gauge the interest among the south Australian AP'ers in a meet up. preferably somewhere central (Adelaide city or somewhere like that) but obviously open to any place where good images are to be had. Comment here if you're interested.

Cheers

S.

CathyC
13-01-2016, 2:58pm
interested :) would depend on when & where - will follow this thread with interest :)

Jeanette
20-01-2016, 7:32pm
HI there
i love down South at Mount Compass but love to meet up for something.
Happy with anything down here to the City :)
I am doing a Zoo day soon I just need to book in.. I have details if you are interested

I work during the week at the moment so free evenings and weekend :)
however this coming week I am on holiday so free in the day also..
if anyone has a morning .. afternoon evening time available I'm happy to meet up

HelenClaire
10-03-2016, 10:40pm
Just saw this post. I would love to meet too. Tried organising a shoot down at Pt Willunga and Sellicks a little while ago but sadly no takers. However I am not detered. Surely we can arrange something.

- - - Updated - - -

Just saw on the Canon Collective there is a workshop up on the River Murray on the 2nd and 3rd April. Anyone interested? We could carpool.
https://www.canon.com.au/en-AU/Personal/imageSpectrum/Community/collective-home/Collective-Events/2016/SA/landscape-wildlife-and-astro-photography-in-Nildottie

Jeanette
13-04-2016, 5:43pm
Just saw this post. I would love to meet too. Tried organising a shoot down at Pt Willunga and Sellicks a little while ago but sadly no takers. However I am not detered. Surely we can arrange something.

- - - Updated - - -

Just saw on the Canon Collective there is a workshop up on the River Murray on the 2nd and 3rd April. Anyone interested? We could carpool.
https://www.canon.com.au/en-AU/Personal/imageSpectrum/Community/collective-home/Collective-Events/2016/SA/landscape-wildlife-and-astro-photography-in-Nildottie

hey there
life is crazy for me right now with a unit move at work... but in the next few weeks it will settle down and i would love to meet up..
i am squeezing in a zoo day on Sunday with a photographer which i am so looking forward to..
but also thinking of going to MOnarto soon too
Would love to go to a beach sunset or morning sunrise somewhere too :)

Elly
13-04-2016, 8:21pm
I've been saying for awhile that I'd like to do a beach sunset or sunrise ... depending on the weather ... I'd definitely be interested

Gazza
13-04-2016, 8:46pm
Ok...So, I'm not in SA (I live just down the road...(in Aussie 'outback' miles :D ))...but really keen to check out your zoo, and, perhaps your botanical gardens as well sometime.
"And, while I'm there, maybe participate in that sunrise/sunset deal as well?...."

'Weather wise' (time of year), I'll have to leave that up to ewe's you guys :D
I'm sure there's the possibility of getting a group together by then? ..................... "Am I Toooo optimistic?" :confused013

Chebby
14-04-2016, 8:39am
Hi SA'ers

I'd be keen to join the shoots. Particularly the sunrise/sunset and forests.

Cheers
Chrissy

HelenClaire
15-04-2016, 12:56am
Hi Jeanette,
Went shooting today at Mt Lofty Botanic Gardens as it is in full autumn colour, though I was jostling for position as nearly the entire population of Adelaide was there. Those who are obsessed with selfies were out in force. Every good spot was taken up by a guy with camera photographing his girlfriend in numerous poses in and around the autumn foliage :mad: Too bad for those of us who actually wanted to photograph the autumn foliage. Anyway will have to arrange a meet up soon though not sure when and where. The botanic gardens maybe a good spot with it being Autumn and if there is a few of us we could stay in the city until dark to do some shots of Elder Park and the bridge to Adelaide oval. Always wanted to do that but I am not going alone. Prefer the safety of numbers. Would anyone (Elly, Gazza & Chebby) be interested in this??

Chebby
15-04-2016, 7:35am
Good morning Helen

I have a few things happening next week , but most times I'd be free.

Cheers

Elly
15-04-2016, 12:04pm
Hi Jeanette,
Went shooting today at Mt Lofty Botanic Gardens as it is in full autumn colour, though I was jostling for position as nearly the entire population of Adelaide was there. Those who are obsessed with selfies were out in force. Every good spot was taken up by a guy with camera photographing his girlfriend in numerous poses in and around the autumn foliage :mad: Too bad for those of us who actually wanted to photograph the autumn foliage. Anyway will have to arrange a meet up soon though not sure when and where. The botanic gardens maybe a good spot with it being Autumn and if there is a few of us we could stay in the city until dark to do some shots of Elder Park and the bridge to Adelaide oval. Always wanted to do that but I am not going alone. Prefer the safety of numbers. Would anyone (Elly, Gazza & Chebby) be interested in this??

Hi HelenClaire ... definitely interested .. I've been caught in the city by myself and camera before (mummbles something about wasting my money on a night course with a stupid instructor who departed without notice and left quite a few of us alone) .. nearly lost my camera that night .. anyhow .. night time is something I'd love to practice and get tips from those who know a lot more than I do ... so yes, safety in numbers and a city meet at night would be great.

sanger
15-04-2016, 12:37pm
Busy alright...I went yesterday and luckily just beat a busload of internationals. A nice day up there for them.

HelenClaire
15-04-2016, 11:20pm
How does a Saturday afternoon/evening sound? Probably the only time for me. Still waiting on the long range forecast for next Saturday (23rd). The Fri looks a bit dismal (cloudy 20C) so not sure if the Sat will be worse or better. I'm busy the following weekend so wouldn't be free again until May 7 which may be too late for autumn foliage at the Botanic Gardens, if of course you want to go there before doing a night shoot. Or do people just want to do a night shoot in which case it doesn't matter so much as to when.

- - - Updated - - -

[QUOTE Busy alright...I went yesterday and luckily just beat a busload of internationals. A nice day up there for them.]

I wasn't so lucky. They were there in force by the time I got there. Though I went back today as the beautiful weather was too enticing to miss the opportunity to shoot the autumn foliage again. I went to the upper car park this time and it was actually only 1/4 full. A lot quieter. I think most people park in the lower car park as you don't have to walk very far to get to the lake.

HelenClaire
17-04-2016, 9:01pm
To everyone who posted in this thread would you like to throw around some dates so we can progress to securing a definite shoot? Two venues seem popular. The city including Botanic gardens and city lights and beach or forest for a dawn or sunset shoot. Would be nice to actually get a time and date decided on.

Elly
17-04-2016, 10:58pm
I'm never a fan of getting away on the long weekend .. too many people on the roads who can't drive or don't care whilst driving ... anyhow, if people are free next weekend at any point, I am .. otherwise the following weekend I'm out of town and then after that ... no plans.

HelenClaire
18-04-2016, 11:11pm
Hi Elly, I'm free anytime this Saturday (23rd). Does this suit you? Others?

Elly
19-04-2016, 8:03am
I am free

HelenClaire
19-04-2016, 8:46pm
Hi Elly,

Ok. Lets do it! What would you like to shoot? Botanic Gardens/city lights? Or a beach sunset? As we live on opposite ends of town may be easier to meet in the middle and do a shoot in and around the city. Please let me know what you think and once we have something definite I can PM the others at the start of this thread who showed interest.

Elly
19-04-2016, 9:17pm
We do live at opposite ends of the state ... lucky it is a small one :)

I'm open to any really ... city lights is an interest .. mostly because I suck at it and practice would be fun .. never done a sunset and the colours in the sky at the moment are nothing short of stunning, so if the weather was nice ... interesting, let me check the weather ... 22C, sun, no rain at this point .. fingers crossed that it remains so .. anyhow .. honestly, all options are appealing to me, it will be nice to meet with another/others who have a clue to what they're doing and learn a thing or two and in the very least, just be out taking photos .. so I am happy with majority rules or your preference :)

HelenClaire
19-04-2016, 9:44pm
I get the feeling that a nice sunset is what you are leaning towards which really can only be best appreciated at the beach. Is Glenelg ok? Thinking somewhere central so you don't have too much traveling.We could get there for the sunset and then try out some night shoots as there will be plenty of lighted features around being a busy seaside precinct. I have done many sunsets but as for night lights etc I have never done anything really before so that part would be new to me too. Hopefully we can get the others to join in. Does Glenelg appeal? I am happy to go there.

Elly
19-04-2016, 9:49pm
Travel is of no bother to me and Glenelg isn't that far away (or I have a soft spot for it as I went to primary school there) ... so Glenelg sounds perfect :)

HelenClaire
20-04-2016, 12:15am
Hi Elly,

Great Glenelg it is then. Sunset is at 5:42pm so what if we meet at 4:30pm at the Jetty? This should hopefully give us time to find a good spot for the sunset. Hopefully it wont be too busy being school holidays and all. I will PM the others in the hope they can make it too.

So for anyone else visiting this thread we officially have a SA Meet on Saturday 23 April @ 4:30pm meeting at the Glenelg jetty :th3:

Dug
20-04-2016, 1:15am
Good on the two of you taking the bull by the horns.
Only took 4 months for this thread to come up with a time and place. :)

I've got a dinner invite that evening , otherwise I would come along, but you can't please everyone with the timing.

Hope you get some extras along and it turns into something semi regular.

Elly
20-04-2016, 4:36pm
4.30pm sounds great to me, looking forward to it :)

CathyC
20-04-2016, 5:01pm
this sounds lovely, unfortunately, I can't make it ................ but I do look forward to hearing how it went and seeing your pics. I hope to be able to attend a different SA meet-up in the future - maybe a Sunday morning at Botanic Gardens AFTER they have finished all the roadworks for the busway :(

Reddragon
26-01-2017, 10:37pm
Hi everyone, it looks like I've read this post too late. Only recently came back from a long hiatus.

I'm from the northern suburbs of Adelaide and depending on when and where, I would be interested in joining another shoot if one is organised.

Seven
27-01-2017, 4:16pm
Will keep an eye on future meets as was only chatting with someone yesterday and referred them to this forum for meet ups etc. So made me login and have a look.

ameerat42
27-01-2017, 4:26pm
... joining another shoot if one is organised.

-- Or, if you organise one :D

Reddragon
27-01-2017, 10:02pm
-- Or, if you organise one :D

Good point. I'll definitely keep that in mind.

Chebby
05-02-2017, 12:57pm
Hi everyone, it looks like I've read this post too late. Only recently came back from a long hiatus.

I'm from the northern suburbs of Adelaide and depending on when and where, I would be interested in joining another shoot if one is organised.

Hi Reddragon, I'm an enthusiast not a professional. I've done a couple of shoots with another photographer which I really enjoy, so I'm all for collaboration. What type of photography are you interested in?

Chris

Reddragon
06-02-2017, 12:12am
Hi Reddragon, I'm an enthusiast not a professional. I've done a couple of shoots with another photographer which I really enjoy, so I'm all for collaboration. What type of photography are you interested in?

Chris

Hi Chebby, I haven't gone on many shoots with other photographers yet (enthusiast or professional) but I'm open to the possibility. My passion would have to be landscape photography but this early in my photography journey, I'm not limiting myself to just that. I don't see the advantage in not taking experience where I can get it.

Do you have a favourite style or subject?

Chebby
06-02-2017, 6:58pm
Hi Chebby, I haven't gone on many shoots with other photographers yet (enthusiast or professional) but I'm open to the possibility. My passion would have to be landscape photography but this early in my photography journey, I'm not limiting myself to just that. I don't see the advantage in not taking experience where I can get it.

Do you have a favourite style or subject?

I've been doing portraits a lot lately with a number of shoots coming up. I'm really at the stage where I want to experience/learn lighting more and fine art photography. I've teamed up a couple of times with another photographer for portrait shots which I enjoyed. Haven't uploaded photos from most recent shoot coz having problems with post editing. I have 4-5 models who I want to work with over the next month or so and we're keen to do some shoots. I have concepts in mind and I'm nearly ready for the artistic shoot (maybe Sat/Sun). If we were to do some together, I'd have to check with the model and see if she is ok collaborating with both of us. They may want to see your work as I've had a model ask that before of another photographer I was going to shoot with. Under my name is my Facebook page if you want to see my work. Still learning, but just love photography. What do you reckon? Interested? :)

- - - Updated - - -

PS: I have seen some camera clubs mentioning that they were doing shoots with a bunch of people too, landscape and models. I'm not in one of those groups but maybe that's another place for you to start, you may already have considered this.

spootz01
27-02-2017, 11:41am
Hi All,

I know this may not be everyone's cup of tea but i was wondering if anyone is going to be heading to the Clipsal 500 this weekend? I'll be heading along and giving my long lens a good workout and would love to catch up with anyone heading there as well.

Just an idea.

Cheers,

S.