PDA

View Full Version : Sunset and night shoot at Pt Willunga/Sellicks Beach Sunday 10th Jan 2016

HelenClaire
08-01-2016, 3:41pm
I know this is terribly short notice but had been thinking about this for a while and then after looking at the moon phases and tides realised this Sunday night would be a good night to take some shots of stars as there is no moon and the tide at Pt Willunga around sunset is relatively low making a good time to take shots of the jetty ruins at sunset. Sellicks Beach is a little further south and may be better for stars though have seen some great shots of stars at Pt Willunga jetty ruins as well.

Anyway thinking of meeting at Pt Willunga Jetty Ruins at about 8pm. Sunset is 8:34pm with last light at 9:03pm. I am a complete novice when it comes to night photography. Only tried it once when I was at Sellicks Beach so would love it if some more experienced photographers can make it. Eager to learn. Also if anyone knows of a better place close to Pt Willunga for photographing the night sky I am all ears.

So if anyone out there is keen please message me so we can arrange to meet.

Jeanette
09-01-2016, 9:01pm
I am often walking my dog on that beach and LOVE it. I would love to join you tomorrow but I am out for dinner..
but if you want to another time I would love to meet up
regards Jeanette

HelenClaire
09-01-2016, 9:35pm
Hi Jeanette,

Yes will definitely keep your offer in mind. I would love to meet up sometime. If I don't get anyone for tomorrow night I might reschedule.