PDA

View Full Version : Makinon Promaster Reflex 500 mm F/8

colinM
28-12-2015, 10:30pm
Just acquired one of these with unknown Camera Adapter.

I am fully aware of the advantages / disadvantages of these particular genera of lenses but for $25 it's a new toy for the Nikon D 3300. :lol::lol:

Having difficulty in tracking down what Camera it was off. Just spent 2 hours searching everywhere for a Makinon information re code on adapter. The Code is " CA " hopefully this can steer me in the right direction for an adapter the the Nikon F Mount. I presume that is what I am looking for as I haven't found anything to tell me otherwise.

Lens did have a few spider webs of fungus but was simple to pull apart and clean.

A few pics to help along the way.

Hope the pics aren't too big.

Thanks

ameerat42
29-12-2015, 9:42am
The "C" nomenclature (AFAIK) usually refers to Cinematography (lenses).

The "A" following was a bit confusing, but it would be the 1st C lens I've seen with bayonet mount.

On beating the books, this is the closest I could find: http://cinematography.net/edited-pages/LensMount.htm
It is (apparently) an Arriflex C mount.

Anyway, it should come off so that you can replace it with a suitable camera mount of your own.

nardes
29-12-2015, 11:30am
The "C" nomenclature (AFAIK) usually refers to Cinematography (lenses).

The "A" following was a bit confusing, but it would be the 1st C lens I've seen with bayonet mount.

On beating the books, this is the closest I could find: http://cinematography.net/edited-pages/LensMount.htm
It is (apparently) an Arriflex C mount.

Anyway, it should come off so that you can replace it with a suitable camera mount of your own.

Hah – nice piece of research Am.:)

I took the simplistic approach and assumed CA=Canon…although that would be just too easy eh!:rolleyes:

Cheers

Dennis

colinM
29-12-2015, 5:29pm
Thanks Fella's for the Research,

Had an idea that it might be obscure as generally something pops up in Google.

Will have a look at " T " mounts, seems to be the easiest way to go.

Thanks again

Colin

colinM
09-04-2016, 1:30pm
Hi All,

Turns out it was a Canon FD

Colin

tandeejay
09-04-2016, 2:08pm
so, you got it mounted on your D3300 yet?

colinM
09-04-2016, 9:18pm
Hi John,

Yes mounted via Canon FD to Nikon F with glass, 1st impressions not favourable. Very hard to focus via 66 year old eyes.

I have also a Tokina 500 F:8, very easy to pick out the " sweet spot " on it, the Makinon is a lot harder for me.

Will have to post a few pics.

Colin