PDA

View Full Version : K-r will not turn on

peterwa1969
24-11-2015, 5:08pm
Hi,

Wondering if anyone can be of assistance??

My K-r will not power on. Was using it a while ago and, as the battery in it went flat mid shoot I changed to a fresh battery (D-LI109). When I went to turn it back on, NOTHING!!!! I have tried it with different batteries (all fully charged), but to no avail.

Camera has had 73,001 shutter actuations (as at the last shot taken).

My budget does not currently extend to taking the camera in to get looked at by a tech if it's going to cost too much, but may have to bite the bullet (any idea what sort of cost this may attract)?

I am currently using my old *istDS but really need something with a higher fps rate before next footy season (finding the 2.8fps of the *ist a bit of a pain).

Any thoughts/sugestions would be greatly appreciated as I truely love the K-r and it has served me well over the last few years (maybe this is the nudge I need to upgrade - once I save up a few more $'s).

Gazza
24-11-2015, 5:26pm
I had a similar problem with my Canon 7D some time back, it ended up being the switch/sensor on the battery door/cover (Think fridge door switch for the light :D)

tduell
26-11-2015, 7:43pm
My K-r will not power on. Was using it a while ago and, as the battery in it went flat mid shoot I changed to a fresh battery (D-LI109). When I went to turn it back on, NOTHING!!!! I have tried it with different batteries (all fully charged), but to no avail.

Any success?
I would guess that you have tried this, but just in case...I would try cleaning the battery contacts in the camera, using a dry cloth or somesuch. A long shot?

Cheers,
Terry

peterwa1969
03-12-2015, 11:49pm
Hi Terry,

Have cleaned the battery contacts - still no joy! :(

Have now noticed a "rattle" inside the body. I'm thinking something has come loose inside and maybe caused a short??

I think it's looking more like a case of replace rather than repair at this stage.