PDA

View Full Version : A Canon 120MPx Camera?

ameerat42
30-10-2015, 2:17pm
Well, they say so as an ASIDE to this video on the Σ Foveon (http://petapixel.com/2015/10/29/canon-120mp-sensor-reportedly-isnt-bayer-and-may-have-a-multi-layer-design/) sensor:D

So, does anybody know where Michael Zhang works now?:(:D:D

taztek
01-11-2015, 9:27pm
Whats the point?
Is Canon also releasing a whole new range of XXL series lenses to handle that res?
Current glass can't resolve that kind of pixel count.
Its like producing Supercars that drive their owners to work in 60kph speed zones...

ameerat42
01-11-2015, 9:40pm
Canon? Who's talking about Canon?:D
(Though I tend to agree that it's touted as a break-neck race to... somewhere.)

Dug
01-11-2015, 11:20pm
Whats the point?
Is Canon also releasing a whole new range of XXL series lenses to handle that res?
Current glass can't resolve that kind of pixel count.
Its like producing Supercars that drive their owners to work in 60kph speed zones...

The way I read this multi layer type sensor design described elsewhere is that a 75 mpx 3 layer sensor is not the same as 75 mpx in a single layer Bayer type sensor when it comes to resolution.

In the standard single layer Bayer type, 75 mpx will have the resolution we associate with that spec. But in this three layer type it is effectively #3 25 mpx sensors that don't combine to add 3 times the resolution but instead three times the amount of colour data gathered.

bricat
02-11-2015, 8:12am
Whats the point?

And what is wrong with this???????????????? I have a dog and I bark :D