PDA

View Full Version : Advice sought please!

Smart86
07-10-2015, 7:02pm
Hi folks, I am also looking for some tips for the upcoming Adelaide Classic motorsport event. Held over 4 days it should be a fantastic event for those with or without a camera. Sooo, I will be taking my D3 with the 70-200, will almost certainly be fine and sunny, polarizer perhaps and should I compensate for such? How fast is too fast, and should I use the 3D tracking function? A lot of questions I know but I really want to get some crackers so any help/tips will be very much appreciated! Many thanks, :)

MarkChap
07-10-2015, 7:24pm
As with many of these types of events, it is normally very hard to get the "crackers" as you seek.
Unless you have been granted access with a media pass, then you will be shooting from the cheap seats

NO idea of the track layout so cannot comment as to whether a 70-200 is long enough or not

A polariser probably won't be much use to you shooting sport, they are, in a very general way, used to reduce reflection,

Smart86
07-10-2015, 7:38pm
Thank you for replying Mark, it will be on public roads, closed sections of course so I'm guessing first in best dressed. I was not sure about using a polarizer as I had a go at a forest rally once and not having one then I found I was getting some window glare. But I will enjoy the event regardless so any keepers will be a bonus! Thanks again:D
As with many of these types of events, it is normally very hard to get the "crackers" as you seek.
Unless you have been granted access with a media pass, then you will be shooting from the cheap seats

NO idea of the track layout so cannot comment as to whether a 70-200 is long enough or not

A polariser probably won't be much use to you shooting sport, they are, in a very general way, used to reduce reflection,

ricktas
07-10-2015, 7:39pm
My advice, PRACTICE. Go out as much as you can and practice on cars in your street, on the highways etc. Learn what works and what doesn't. Learn how to Pan! Practice and more practice is going to help you take better photos during the event