PDA

View Full Version : Australian supplier for Imperial Socket Head Cup screws

Cage
30-08-2015, 12:51pm
I'm looking for some Imperial socket head screws to mount my gear on my new astro tracking mount.

A trip to Bunnings only came up with Metric, wrong thread pitch, about $4.50 for a packet of 10.

I can get them online, for about $6.00 a pair. OK, I only need about 4, but I don't like getting ripped off.

Anyone know of a competitive local supplier for this sort of stuff ?

ameerat42
30-08-2015, 1:05pm
What size? Will search.

- - - Updated - - -

From memoirs, there are two coys: Blackwoods and CDA. Used to deal with boaf at Tuggerah,
and there was a 3rd, I can only remember it was in Anzac Pde, opposite Maccas there. See if you
have some closer to you of these???

But, I'm pretty sure B's carries them too, in the same sort of pack as the metric ones you said.

I @ M
30-08-2015, 1:44pm
Kev, sorry I can't help you with local places but I know exactly where to go around here to source such items at realistic prices.

The only thing is, you are going to have to know what diameter the screws need to be as well as the pitch of the thread.
Imperial threads have many more combinations of pitch than metric when you add in all the obscure threads that exist/ed throughout the years.
I will assume that the screws you are after will be somewhere in the 1/4 - 5/16 size range so you should be pretty safe to think that they will either be unf or unc and hardly likely to be a weird pitch and they should be available readily in high tensile, mild steel or stainless.
Try any local bearing supplies stores in your area, those places usually stock that sort of gear.

Cage
30-08-2015, 3:33pm
Thanks guys.

I've worked out a way to use 4 of a packet of 5 @ $7.20 so that's not too bad.

Circled By Confusion
18-09-2015, 9:51pm
It seems the horse has bolted...:) But for future reference, assuming you mean the fasteners with a hexagonal
recess; you need to search for "Allen Screws" not "socket head screws".

There's a squillion retailers on and off line that sell 'em.

Glen1
18-09-2015, 9:56pm
Specialized Wholesale, SLE Industrial, or Fischer and Lamco. All in Newcastle area.

Regards
Glen1