PDA

View Full Version : Samyang 14mm

cameraguy
16-07-2015, 12:31pm
I recently purchased a new Samyang 14mm f2.8 lens for my Canon 6d. Anybody else have this lens? I have read some mixed reviews for it but decided it was worth a go for only $400. Firstly it's a solid lens, I found it takes a little fiddling to get the focus just right as it is manual focus only. It does have some unusual moustache style distortion which you can pretty much fix in Lightroom.I used it to take some sunset/milkyway pics and I am quite impressed by the little fella. After fixing the distortion, the images look quite sharp and its awesome getting to play around with ultra-ultra wide focal lengths. I recommend it to anybody wanting to break into the really wide scene on a budget

arthurking83
16-07-2015, 5:29pm
Quite a few folks seem to enjoy this lens for it's price/ability ratio.

but you made me laugh with this comment ...

.... I am quite impressed by the little fella. .....

I like that attitude. Such a large lens being called 'little fella' is my kind of thinking! :th3:

nwhc
17-07-2015, 9:35am
I have the Samyang 24mm on my 6D and like you very impressed with it, it is also very nice to film with.

I would like the 14mm for the extra width will see how kind the tax man is to me.

lindsayr
10-04-2016, 1:01pm
Hi camera guy,

How have you found the lens 6 months on? I am still keen to get one. What sort of photos are you using it for?

Keen for any feedback.

Thanks

Lindsay

axle01
21-04-2016, 9:59am
Lindsay I have 2 of them, one for my Nikon and one for my Astro modified Sony A7s and I use the Sony one for widefield Astro timelapses regularly and extremely happy with it.
Hardly use the Nikon one much as I have the 20mm f1.8.

Al

feathers
21-04-2016, 12:32pm
I've had one for nearly 2 years. Very happy with it. Great for landscapes, tight places, astro, and even used it on some wedding shots, where l wanted to incorporate surroundings. You can't go wrong for the price.
As long as you can live with manual. The nikon one has a chip that gives data and focus dot.
Hope that helps. Cheers.

Cage
21-04-2016, 12:45pm
What feathers said.

:th3::th3::th3: from me.