PDA

View Full Version : Mini Mudgee meetup

Mark L
13-07-2015, 9:25pm
Does anyone want to plan an impromptu visit to Mudgee?
Well it looks like AP members Ameerat42, kevin301 and Gazza are going to join me in Mudgee on Thursday and Friday next week (23 and 24 July).
Maybe that's a reason not to be in Mudgee next week.:D
ATM we plan on trying to visit a local attraction out of town called The Drip. Final plans are fluid (some good fluids to be found around Mudgee :))
Can you come a day earlier Paul Heath? Reckon we could delay the trip to The Drip to mid Friday if you can.
(Henry Lawson didn't go there when he lived here, otherwise The Trip to The Drip would be a famous poem:)).
G'day farmmax. Can we come and practice animal photography at your place? :p ;)

farmmax
13-07-2015, 10:42pm
No :D :D :D

kevin301
14-07-2015, 12:57pm
looking forward to this! :D

Mark L
15-07-2015, 11:34pm
So if any one happens to want to join in. Looks like arvo tea at my place on Thursday and packing lunch and heading for Th Drip on Friday.

kevin301
20-07-2015, 7:34am
Embarking on my road trip this morning! :)
see you guys on Thursday :)

ameerat42
20-07-2015, 9:02am
Bon voyage!:action66:

Gazza
20-07-2015, 9:08am
Embarking on my road trip this morning! :)
see you guys on Thursday :)
Safe travels - :th3:

ameerat42
20-07-2015, 9:11am
PS: Ewe too, Gazza. You(se:D) both have our numbers if nec.

Gazza
20-07-2015, 9:15am
PS: Ewe too, Gazza. You(se:D) both have our numbers if nec.
I'm leaving tomorrow arvo or Wed....waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting .......

Mark L
20-07-2015, 10:38pm
There may be (probably) another AP member joining us, so a couple more takes it beyond a mini-meet.:)

So you all can drop in to our place what ever time you wish on Thursday arvo for a bite to eat. We can organise times for Fridays visit to The Drip then. Would suggest heading out there at 10:00 though. Seems like the weather will be okay on Friday.

I'm leaving tomorrow arvo or Wed....waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting .......
You'll be cutting it fine then.

Gazza
21-07-2015, 12:07am
You'll be cutting it fine then.
I'll be there.... :th3: Mudgee's only 10 - 11 Hrs away :D

kevin301
22-07-2015, 7:46pm
It's raining tonight in Orange!
Will be on my way in the morning after check-out. Shall allow myself about 4-5 hours to get to Mudgee at snail's pace :)

Mark, tentatively will drop by at your place at about 4pm. Hope that's all right.
Let me know if otherwise :)

Am contactable by mobile in any case.

Cheers!
Kevin

ameerat42
22-07-2015, 7:51pm
S(h)ame here, Kevin:(

Gazza
22-07-2015, 8:05pm
It's raining tonight in Orange!

Cheers!
Kevin
Persisting down in Dubbo as well :D
Looking forward to meeting everyone tomorrow arvo

Mark L
22-07-2015, 9:20pm
Kevin, 4pm or earlier or later is fine. Mentioned 3PM to AM today.
What time you getting into Mudgee Gazza?

Looking forward to meeting everyone tomorrow arvo
Can't say I'm looking forward to it, but will be happy to also meet everyone.:D Jeez, my better half has been away since Sunday and I've got so much cleaning up to do yet.:(

Don't worry about the weather for Friday. I've organised for the next band of rain to not arrive 'til the late arvo, probably evening though.:th3:

- - - Updated - - -

And Gazza, to save me harassing you about it tomorrow, you better tell farmmax they win the Photo Painting Challenge.:lol2:

Gazza
22-07-2015, 9:33pm
What time you getting into Mudgee Gazza?

Should be in Mudgee round 3.30 - 4.00pm all going well - cheers.... :beer_mug:

Mark L
22-07-2015, 10:00pm
Looks like a late arvo tea AM.;)

kevin301
24-07-2015, 7:21pm
That was a really fun meet-up! :)
Thanks for organising everything and for taking the trouble to show us tourists around :)

I made it to Katoomba without incident.
Looking forward to the photo of the back of me head ;)

enseth
24-07-2015, 9:01pm
Looking forward to the photo of the back of me head ;)
Can't help with the back of your head but here's one of the front of your head. :)

Mark L
24-07-2015, 9:47pm
Glad you both made it safely Kevin. If you want to see a wonderful view of something a bit less touristy and you have a GPS try this,
33⁰44’25.07S
150⁰22’20.14E
Or google Little Switzerland Drive. When you get to it, turn left and stop at the first car park on right. Sorry I didn't mention this today.

And for any one else that happens to be interested (I know, a limited audience :)), this is what I had written before Kevin rudely posted first.:lol2:;)

So Gazza, Kevin301 (and his very quiet, polite partner who Nosey seemed to love), ameerat and I enjoyed a couple of hours getting to know each other at my place yesterday arvo.
Apparently they all enjoyed an Indian meal last night. Not that I’d know. You can only push being sociable so far.:D
Then another member, enseth, joined us today for a walk and lunch. Glad he did. He was a good counterbalance to a bunch of .... mmmmm .....mmmmm ...(don't say it Mark).:)
Anyway, don’t hesitate if you get a chance to meet any of these AP members. Decent people all :th3:(though you may want to put a time limit on AM :)). And of cause I suspect these members would suggest not bothering visiting that, in real life, boring Mark L.:th3:
Thank you for the company and it shows the value of trying to meet up.:)
I’ll post some photos of them in the next few days.

- - - Updated - - -

this place can make us look like midgets

And some decided to warm up by dancing :)

antony
29-07-2015, 1:32am
Looks like you guys had fun.
I meant to join, unfortunately I had busy schedule.

kevin301
29-07-2015, 12:53pm
ha ! You should've!
They're all really nice folks. Was very glad to have met up with them.

Gazza
29-07-2015, 1:00pm
And some decided to warm up by dancing :)
In hindsight it would've been far easier to stick to the tracks!! :Doh: - kevin301 made the perfect partner though ...."I let him lead :D"

:food04:

kevin301
04-08-2015, 1:08pm
someone asked me about the size of Singapore.

Well here it is, illustrated in red outline against map of Sydney :)
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm55/hkrlim/Sydney%20vs%20Singapore_zps5oyekg2z.jpg

doesn't even cover up to Penrith! ;)

ameerat42
04-08-2015, 1:23pm
Ta for that interesting info, Kevin.

It must have been Mark. This proves that Singapore is bigger than Bombira:D:D

farmmax
04-08-2015, 5:34pm
This proves that Singapore is bigger than Bombira:D:D

Only just :lol2:

It is interesting though. Thanks Kevin301.

The hardest thing is getting people to realize how big Australia. I was with some visitors from the Philippines showing them some livestock, when I needed some information. I said I'd go inside and look it up on the internet. There was shocked silence, and one lady said "You have internet here in the Outback!" At the time the farm I was on near Gulgong NSW was surrounded by 25 acre blocks and there were houses in sight everywhere. I tried to assure them this was NOT the outback, but I don't think they believed me. My mind boggled at what they would think if I took them to the real outback
:lol2:

ameerat42
04-08-2015, 5:37pm
Maybe they meant "out THE back"??:D

antony
04-08-2015, 9:57pm
someone asked me about the size of Singapore.

Well here it is, illustrated in red outline against map of Sydney :)
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm55/hkrlim/Sydney%20vs%20Singapore_zps5oyekg2z.jpg

doesn't even cover up to Penrith! ;)

That's pretty big, in Sydneysiders' standard.
If you live in Sydney area (north, east, inner west suburbs), any where beyond Parramatta is considered "far."

kevin301
06-08-2015, 3:26pm
Only just :lol2:

It is interesting though. Thanks Kevin301.

The hardest thing is getting people to realize how big Australia. I was with some visitors from the Philippines showing them some livestock, when I needed some information. I said I'd go inside and look it up on the internet. There was shocked silence, and one lady said "You have internet here in the Outback!" At the time the farm I was on near Gulgong NSW was surrounded by 25 acre blocks and there were houses in sight everywhere. I tried to assure them this was NOT the outback, but I don't think they believed me. My mind boggled at what they would think if I took them to the real outback
:lol2:

Hahaha I know what you mean.

Had a Malaysian classmate during my uni days who was grumbling about the speed of the mail delivery service despite Australia "being smaller than Malaysia". I almost fell off my chair :lol:

To those who have lived in the city all or most of their lives (such as myself), places like Gulgong and Mudgee might seem like the Aussie outback :)

- - - Updated - - -

That's pretty big, in Sydneysiders' standard.
If you live in Sydney area (north, east, inner west suburbs), any where beyond Parramatta is considered "far."

hahah true.
But essentially we're comparing a COUNTRY against a CITY ;)