PDA

View Full Version : Backdrop Stand

Keifygeorge
12-06-2015, 3:07pm
I am about to purchase a plain white backdrop and I was wondering if it is worthwhile purchasing the stand or trying to construct something myself. This is for a personal project and I won't be using it professionally for business.

ricktas
14-06-2015, 9:00pm
stands come in a range of sizes and considering the size of your hammocks, you are going to need a fairly large one. If it is going to gets lots of use, of course it is worth investing in. But considering your chosen location, you may just find attaching the backdrop to the ceiling could work just as well and save you the cost of the stand, for some other items to help your products appear their best

MissionMan
14-06-2015, 9:59pm
I have a popup backdrop which works quite well and is pretty quick and easy to setup.

http://www.lastolite.com/product_list/61022.1067031.1067032.0.0/Plain_Collapsible_Background

Tommo224
10-08-2015, 4:00pm
I spent about $80 on a backdrop set up off of eBay a couple years ago, and have used it often without any issues. Goes really high and about 3m wide (the sheet I ordered it with is 6m long, so you don't risk "floor" in the shots too). It's great because I can set up anywhere, so I am not restricted if a situation changes.

Plus, if in the near future, suddenly you can see yourself wanting to use it elsewhere, it comes in a handy carry bag to transport.

The stand comes with two big tripod stands, and the poles to make it from 1-3m wide.

..just realised how old the thread was lol