PDA

View Full Version : Friday 8th May - Light Painting and Night Shoot - Victor Harbor

Kym
29-04-2015, 2:58pm
https://www.facebook.com/events/355871751274149/

I headed out into Victor with two friends and had a blast shooting a few weeks ago. Thought I'd post a event and see who else would like to join. Last time we did long exposure shots and light painting, exploring unique areas in the town. Bring warm clothes, and all the camera gear you need, and comfortable shoes, and any lighting accessories you can think of, more portable light sources the better! With plenty of colours!

Where: Idea is to meet at the Victor Whale Tail opposite the Crown Pub in Victor Harbor.
Time: 7:00pm
Duration: till its time to have a coffee break at Mc Cafe (open till 12:00)

Elly
29-04-2015, 8:42pm
Torn between that sounds like fun and a great opportunity to learn more and ... me and the cold are not friends .. Victor in May at night? There is a huge degree of insanity there

Mark L
04-05-2015, 11:07pm
...There is a huge degree of insanity there

Time to get into photography.:lol:
And after you've taken photos of something that you wouldn’t have done otherwise, talk them into something other than Mc Cafe.:)
Then organise an AP meet in the warmer months.

Kym
04-05-2015, 11:42pm
Rug up!! Have a hot chocolate afterwards !! :)

Kym
05-05-2015, 10:47am
Looks like the weather will be survivable :tog:

Eden
06-05-2015, 11:12pm
I am sorry I missed this,

when there are a few of you with cameras you will find the biggest of idiots will perform for the camera and go away!

I catch up with a few others on a semi regular basis and there has never been an issue even with an all night shoot through the city sat night- sun morn.

I would love to catch up one day with all you locals and love almost all aspects of photography ( I am very much the amateur though)

If the ladies feel weird having too many fellas along or just unsafe at night I can bring my 18yr old daughter Ebony and she is now pre-black belt and can swing a tripod with the best of them :nod:.

All jokes aside I need to get some white port soon and would be thinking of late may/early june for a meet at the Barossa with me or others drifting by Bethany wines (stunning ex quarry vinyard/winery) post 10am at some stage to quench my white port addiction :pirarghh:

My intention is to be in the Barossa Valley "by 5.30am" to catch sunrise from one of the many lookouts that are local.

I would like to try for 31st may or june the 7th,,,,, the full moon is the 4th but not showing as it sets at 10.31pm the night of the 30th so long exposure stuff is an option if earlier is preffered.

I wont hold my breath as the last time I posted to the SA thread it was 3 months before there was any response or the next post!

food for thought anyhow

cheers Eden

- - - Updated - - -

I could have my day turned to a Saturday morning if the Willunga markets are included for a coffee and food/photo/eats?

cheers Eden

Arg
07-05-2015, 6:12am
I am sorry I missed this,

cheers Eden

But Eden, you haven't missed it. It's tomorrow night! :nod:

Eden
07-05-2015, 12:20pm
Cheers Arg :th3: ( the workload was a but too much over the last 8 weeks and I think it cooked my brain)

moonrise is at 8.05pm with a near full moon so there will be a fair bit of ambient light

that suits me as i need to practice some of my long exposure shots,

I will see if Dug ( another of this sites members) wishes to tag along with me as I would be heading past him on the way from Semaphore.

If no one else shows that is cool as we are usually more than happy to look around ourselves but it would be nice to meet some more Adelaideians that enjoy photography

cheers Eden

Kym
07-05-2015, 1:39pm
Should be about 10C and possible shower -- will be ok!

Dug
07-05-2015, 6:08pm
Yep I'll be tagging along with Eden.

Eden
07-05-2015, 10:16pm
So it is Myself and Dug,

our other 2 in crime are flat out with life.

We should get there 4.30 - 5 ish and will do the top of the Bluff first.

I will then get food ( I like my food ) and hopefully meet any that come at the Whale Tail at 7.

I will bring a few spare torches and a battery powered work light for any one to use also.

cheers to a good night !

Arg
08-05-2015, 12:10am
Good luck all! I had a prior appointment, unfortunately.

Eden
08-05-2015, 12:41am
Good luck all! I had a prior appointment, unfortunately.

Well there is always the next one or the largs meet as mentioned Sat night

or when you get a chance !

thankyou for the brain slap about the dates!

cheers Eden

https://youtu.be/LJfowXTXOfU

Monty Python and the Holy Grail: black beast of Arrrggghhh

Elly
10-05-2015, 9:01pm
I've been out of computer action since I last posted ... power supply, got the new one installed today .. not sure what is worse, camera out of action or computer? Well, it sort of took both out. All cards were full of photos from May 2nd and I didn't have a computer to remove them ... it has been a very long 8 days.

As much as I hate the cold, oh and I do hate it ... I'd be very interested in meeting local people and learning from those who know what they're doing, perhaps I could learn a thing or two, would be nice. I'll keep an eye out for the next meet and hope I'm free.

Eden
11-05-2015, 11:40pm
I hope both are ok now Elly

will keep posting dates that come up!

(check new thread)

cheers Eden