PDA

View Full Version : Capture One Pro 8

Ross the fiddler
03-03-2015, 1:17am
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Capture One since 2011. I use it for editing when I need more than what Olympus (Viewer 3) does for me. I recommend trying it out & you can find out more from Phase One here. http://www.phaseone.com/Imaging-Software/Capture-One.aspx

Lance B
03-03-2015, 2:03am
I have been using Capture One since 2004 and up-dated to each new version as they released it alng the way, I am now using Captue One Pro 8. I find it has the best end results and is the most untuitive to use.

Analog6
03-03-2015, 6:31am
I've been using it for a few yard and use Capture One 8 Pro and it is fantastic, I only use PS for very fine small adjustments now.

griffljg
03-03-2015, 8:26am
I bought Capture One Pro a couple of years ago, when it became clear that Adobe were adopting a subscription model. I gradually started using it in preference to LightRoom, firstly to get to know how it works and then finally because it is better suited to my needs and is more intuitive than LightRoom.

In my personal opinion, the Capture One Pro 8.1.1 raw convertor is also better than that of Lightroom 5.7. I do, however, find that the lens distortion correction in LightRoom has a more comprehensive set of lenses than Capture One.

davidd
08-03-2015, 11:03am
I have been using Capture One Pro 8 for a few months, since Nikon lost interest in Capture NX2. I recently bought a Nikon D810 which is no longer supported by Capture NX2, so I needed to find a replacement. I am really happy with Capture One, I found it easy to learn, helped by the videos and articles on the site. It's rendering of RAW files is really good (to my taste anyway).

farmmax
08-03-2015, 4:10pm
I use Photo Effects 8 along side photoshop. They handed the Pro version out free just before bringing out 9. For someone coming into processing whom is not already a photoshop user, I suspect Capture One Pro contains all they need, and is easier to use than Photoshop. Photo Effects is one of the parts that make up Capture One Pro. Very handy when I'm not sure where to go with a photo who's quality is a bit lacking.