PDA

View Full Version : Elements of Change Exhibition Bethany Hall Willunga 20 February 2015 7:00 PM

NRandall
27-01-2015, 7:30pm
This is an invitation to the lanch of this exhibit on 20 February.
Corner of St Andrews Tce and St Judes St Willunga
The initial exhibition 'Elements of Change' was sponsored by the City of Onkaparinga, and features a collection of photographs by women who are survivors of domestic violence. They were mentored by a local professional photographer, helping them tell their stories through photography. The images are not violent in any way, but on the whole hopeful.

Given the relatively small number of works, and the size of our space, some other local photographers were invited simply to respond to the same theme, so this will be an all - photography exhibit.

Bethany Hall is a community space now developed as a professional standard art gallery. One of my main roles over the past five years has been to develop the the space for arts use, and for community development throught the arts generally. There now are three annual / regular seasonal exhibits held here each year with more planned, including SALA.

This exhibition will be showing on weekends through March and Easter, and the launch 20 Feb will be my final official duty here as we prepare to move to Geelong East / Leopold Vic for a new community regeneration project.

The Willunga Uniting Church, with photos of the gallery space in use by a local school, can be found on facebook

enquiries to: bethanyhallbookings@outlook.com

Hope to meet some of you there!

NRandall
28-01-2015, 12:57am
I am not sure what a lanch is but what I meant to write is launch - it's too late to be lunch.....:o

NRandall
19-02-2015, 10:48pm
The exhibit is nearly complete and the launch is tomorrow night at 7 in case anyone wants to drop by and say hello.
It would be nice to meet some of you South Aussie AP'ers before we go.
We leave for Leopold VIC in a week.

In case you cannot make it I have included a couple of quick snaps of the spaces. There are three exhibiting spaces, of which two are shown here.

There is a fun unintentional reflection in number 3.