PDA

View Full Version : Hight ISO shadow(ghosting) on silouette

glennb
19-09-2014, 7:59pm
I took a 640 ISO shot of the below image but I have some kind of shadow/ghosting under the umbrellas. Ive tried reducing noise, brushing it out and changing exposure and cloning but can not get rid of it. What is it and what can I do to get rid of it? and looking at the smaller pic as I upload this it seems to have a lighter halo(sky is lighter) over the top of the umbrellas. :-/
Cheers
Glenn

jev
19-09-2014, 9:17pm
Could be a sharpening halo, typically due to a too large ratio in unsharp mask sharpening.

glennb
20-09-2014, 3:40pm
Could be a sharpening halo, typically due to a too large ratio in unsharp mask sharpening.

Thank jev, it is something in PP. looking at the original its not there but as I process more it starts to show. Im not sure its sharpening, I would of thought it would run more closely to the edge if it was sharpening this is more like a dark smudge that comes out 10mm or so on screen that runs under the umbrella.
cheers
Glenn

Warbler
21-09-2014, 7:08pm
Try the Clarity settings. Too much will do that.

wmphoto
21-09-2014, 7:12pm
I find this sometimes happens when pushing the recovery sliders too high (highlights & shadows).

glennb
21-09-2014, 7:46pm
I find this sometimes happens when pushing the recovery sliders too high (highlights & shadows).

Thanks Warren, you were right, it was the high light slider, I pushed it to far and as Warbler said the clarity causes the same problem as well and added to the problem.
cheers Guys

- - - Updated - - -

Try the Clarity settings. Too much will do that.
Thanks warbler! yes it also added to problem.
Cheers