PDA

View Full Version : Flash recommendations?

AutumnValkyrie11
31-08-2014, 9:42pm
Hi all,
I currently have a SB400 for my Nikon D80, but think it's time to move onto something a bit better.
It's getting a little unreliable. I don't have much experience or know much about flashes, but I'm hoping to get something that will continue even after 3 shots per second, and something with a few more options in regards to bounce, etc.

Trying to spend as little money as possible, but would love any recommendations :)

arthurking83
31-08-2014, 11:02pm
A good reliable and feature rich flash for Nikon would undoubtedly be the SB-700. It's a little large in size, especially if mounted to a D80 sized camera .. but not overly unreasonable.

Most if not all of the proper speedlight type flash models will provide good bounce features too.

Lots of people are having a good experience with thirdparty branded flashes like Yongnuo, and suchlike.

I personally have no experience with any of them myself .. I rarely use (my Sb-800)flash as it is anyhow .. but I'd like to get a couple of these cheap wireless capable Yongnuos to see what the fuss is all about too. I think the YN-568 series is their top of the line model .. generally sells for about $150-ish.

AutumnValkyrie11
31-08-2014, 11:18pm
Thanks! Size isn't really an issue to me. It's just frustrating not getting decent indoor low light shots! I'll have a look at those!! Thanks a lot :D